IX.

ASHES
- MADI DIAZ

ASHES - MADI DIAZ

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"should have used me. why didn't he use me?"

"he couldn't, damon. he said you were as good as dead."

katherine's features were void of emotion as she spoke to the man. anger was all she felt towards the salvatore after this moves against jocelyn. the thought of the siphoner caused the worry she felt to become unbearable. there was no telling what would come to jocelyn during the ritual. katherine knew how dangerous it was for klaus to have jocelyn by his side, for it was nearly inevitable for the girl to be used as leverage against the original.

"what does that even mean? i tried to kill jocelyn. i messed up his plan. why didn't he use me?" damon let his questions run wild as he paced. katherine grabbed the man's shoulder, pushing him against the wall.

"what does it mean?" katherine mocked, taking a grasp on his arm with much force before motioning towards the wound. "what is this, damon?"

"it's a werewolf bite." damon replied, his gaze flickering towards the bite as katherine let go of her grip on his arm.

"that's why klaus didn't use you. he decided he'd let you suffer for your attempts at ruining the ritual— at your attempts to killing jocelyn."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"klaus made me call jenna to lure her out. there was nothing i could do. i didn't have a choice."

"that's why i gave you the vervain. so, you had a choice."

"it was her or me." katherine shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly towards the salvatore. "i chose her."

"i helped you. you owed me. now when klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and elena's aunt dies. somehow, you're the only one that wins." damon stared towards the woman, disbelief evident on his features. "how'd that happen?"

"i didn't let love get in the way." katherine met damon's gaze, void of any trace of emotion.

jocelyn easily found her way into the mind of the petrova. memories seemed to flood katherine, too many to simply ignore. there was an obvious sense of guilt sitting on her shoulders as she thought of her actions against the siphoner.

nearly leaving the girl behind with the original she'd spent 500 years running from. a part of katherine questioned whether jocelyn would ever forgive her for the act.

"and what about your precious jocelyn? never allowed your feelings for her cloud your sense of self preservation?" damon was trying to get under katherine's skin, his anger towards the woman clear as day. "but now, jocelyn's by the side of another monster. you truly think she'll run back into your arms once klaus is dead?"