vii. summer of '85

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕒 𝕓𝕪 𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕔 𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕠𝕟 (𝕒𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕔)

STEPPING OFF HER SKATEBOARD, Amanda hopped up the steps to the McFly house to knock on the door only to be stopped by Marty immediately opening it to her surprise. "You're early," He remarked, turning back into the house in worry.

"It's summer, McFly. All I have to do anymore is either help out Doc or hang out with you," She reminded him as he began to move out of the door cautiously. Amanda furrowed her brows to him over this before realising why he was trying to be especially sneaky. "You haven't told your mom about this weekend, have you?"

Lorraine McFly, his mother, wasn't exactly the kind of woman to take an overnight trip lightly. She was rather harsh in what he was and wasn't allowed to do, which Amanda always found interesting considering all the girls he used to hang around with.

Used to. He hadn't been doing a lot of dating this time around. Most days he was with only Amanda and the band.

Marty groaned over this immediately as Amanda laughed over his reaction. "You know my mom. She freaks out over everything!"

"God just tell her it's you and the guys. Not like you're all that terrible at lying." With that, his mother soon came through from the kitchen as Amanda straightened up. "Hi there, Mrs. McFly."

"Oh, it's Amanda!" She said to hug her out familiarity, Marty already growing annoyed over how easily his mother could be affectionate with his friend. From the amount of times she'd stopped in for family dinners or even just helped Marty on his homework, his mother thought Amanda to be the most delicate and innocent of girls her son could ever have become friends with. Little did she know, much like others who continuously misjudged her, that she was far from such an idea. "Y'know I feel okay seeing Marty here with such a good girl like you. I just know he's not going to be sneaking out so late with someone as orderly as you dear. Now I won't keep you two long."

Amanda nodded understandingly and hid her laughter while his mother tutted under her breath to Marty before walking away. He shut the door behind him quickly soon after to have his friend's laughter now escape loudly over the exchange. Marty roll his eyes as he walked past her unamused. "If my mom knew how much trouble you can get yourself into--"

"She'd still like me more than you?" Amanda interrupted him with a wide grin, "But c'mon Marty, you gotta tell her soon. This is the closest any of us have at taking a break from Hill Valley?"

Marty sighed deeply and nodded, getting onto his skateboard as she trailed behind. "Yeah I know, now we better get going. I wrecked something Doc left on the workbench and I need you to fix it before he notices." Amanda shook her head with a grin unsurprised as he laughed over recounting the events.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

THE STUFFINESS of Bobby's van began to subside soon as the group continued the drive to Paul's family lake house. The ride proved to be especially claustrophobic this time around seeing as Paul and Lee now brought along dates to tag along with them for the weekend. Something which Amanda was grateful for as, aside from Jennifer, she needed to have other people to talk to outside of the boys. "Hey, Amanda!"

She turned away from Pam, Lee's date, and looked to Marty at the passenger seat rewinding the cassette tape in the player. "This one's for you." Amanda laughed under her breath as Love Really Hurts by Billy Ocean played through the van.

"God, you're a wonder McFly, you know that?" She couldn't help myself to laugh harder over Marty continue to exaggeratingly sing along with the others now showing apparent signs of disapproval over the song choice.