Because Of Me

I decided to just walk around the lot at night instead of heading back inside again. The whole situation with Sadie and Finn just made me pissed so I just needed some space.

I walk around a corner and saw someone sitting down on the stairs. Looking miserable.

I walked closer and it was Finn

I walked closer and it was Finn. He sensed my presence and looked up.

«Oh. It's you.» he says lowly.

«Yeah, are you okay?»

He looks down again and fumbles with his fingers.

«Yeah.» he sighs.

I furrow my brows and look at him in disbelief.
That was a lie. I sat down next to him.

«Thats not true. What's going on?» I ask.

Finn turns and looks at me. «I'm sorry.»

I look at him confused.

«I'm sorry for hurting you so many times, putting you in so many uncomfortable situations, for making you so miserable. It was never my intention for things to turn out like this. Ever.» he adds.

I put my hand on his shoulder and start stroking him as comfort. I didn't know what to say cause it was all true, he was an asshole.

«I'm glad you realized that.»

He chuckles. «Remember season one?»

I nod slowly, not knowing where he was going with this.

«Remember how we never spoke to each other? Literally had no connection what so ever?»

I smile. «Yeah. Until you brought up IT.»

«Oh yeah. You love horror movies. I remember that from all the talking we did about that.»

I softly chuckle. «Yeah, those were the times. Much simpler and happier times.»

He sighs. «How did it end up like this?»

I look down and don't say anything. Just keep thinking about the stuff we did and what we've been through.

«It was all because of me.» he says.

I turn to him worried.

«It was all my fault for how things ended up.»

I just kept looking at him with knitted brows wondering where this would go.

«I fucked all of this up. I said I didn't love you.» he softly says.

I scoff. «Well I didn't want you to lie and say that you do love me when you didn't.» I say comforting.

«The thing is, is that I did love you.»

I furrowed my brows and parted my lips. «What?» I asked baffled.