( eighteen )

REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE

The incessant buzzing by her head was what woke her up. She groped underneath her pillow, head pounding with a hangover. Marissa had known it was a bad idea to pull out the vodka and play a vine drinking game. But, when Cleo and her decided to drink, they really did drink. When she found her phone, she tapped at it until the buzzing stopped.

Sighing in content, Marissa turned over and pulled the blankets over her head to try and sleep off the hangover. Feeling warm and comfortable, the girl tried to ignore the pounding head ache and parched throat in favour of falling back asleep. Instead, the phone started to buzz again, making her groan, flip over and yank it out from under her pillow.

Cracking an eye open, she raised her eyebrow when she saw the contact photo she had for Jensen. She must have changed it when she was drunk because it was the picture of his nip slip from that one panel he did with Misha.

She answered the phone, putting it on speaker and groaning. Jensen's cheerful voice greeted her, "Rise and shine, sweet cheeks!"

"I'm breaking up with you," Marissa said into her pillow, trying to block all the light out of her vision. It hurt to look at, making her head pound just from that. She's glad that she wasn't hungover enough to start throwing up. "You're single again, Mr. Ackles."

"You know, you're twenty seven, you shouldn't be getting that drunk," Jensen said, his voice full of amusement.

"I'm serious, Jensen. You're fucking single. You don't wake your hangover girlfriend at-" she cracked an eye open to check the time, "-seven am in the fucking morning."

Jensen laughed loudly, making feelings stir in Marissa's chest at the sound. She always had loved the man's laugh, making sure to listen to it as she watched Convention panels and interviews. And now being able to hear it for her made butterflies flutter in her stomach and her heart skip a beat. She's sure her pupil would have swallowed her iris because of how much she actually loved Jensen and if that fact about the pupil expanding when seeing loved ones is true.

"Daddy, who are you on the phone with?" Marissa heard from Jensen's end of the line, the hungover girl perking up a little at the voice. It had to be JJ or else there was another person that was calling Jensen Daddy (though Marissa would deny she ever did call him Daddy).

"It's my friend, JJ," Jensen answered. Marissa groaned like she was hurt, which made Jensen shush her. She scoffed, rolling her eyes, listening to Jensen and JJ talk about their plans for a bit. They were going to the Family Business Brewery so that Jensen could check everything out. Marissa started to doze off, focusing on the smooth baritone voice that Jensen produced. He has always had a really nice voice, Marissa knew this, but having heard it in real life and now through the speaker of her phone, she knew watching Supernatural just wouldn't cut it anymore.

"Marissa?"

Marissa hummed, "Yes, Beautiful?"

"You're not breaking up with me, right?" Jensen asked, his voice a little shy as he asked. She knew that it had been a while since he was in this limbo of love and like because of Danneel and their marriage. Plus, Marissa was about thirteen years younger than him (though, she'd never say it, she was scared that Jensen was gonna find someone better, more mature). Though, it was weird to have Jensen this insecure about their relationship when he was nothing but confident for the last week. Especially with the smallest PDA that they did. Mostly him just grabbing her hand firmly but gently.

"No, Beautiful," she told him, voice filled with sleep. "You know, I was obsessed with you. Or the idea of you, and that's probably not a good thing to start a relationship on. But you as a person surpassed my wildest dream with who you are and I like you as a person more than you as an icon."

Jensen let out a sigh, "I'm still pretty scared that the past week was all just you wanting to hang out with me, your celebrity crush."

"Maybe it was at first," Marissa tested, Jensen chuckling. In the background, she heard JJ say are we going now, Daddy? She heard the man answer, before she was smiling to herself. He was such a dad. It was honestly so sweet.

"I have to go, Sweetcheeks," Jensen said, Marissa humming in response. "I'll text you."

"I may not respond," Marissa admitted. "Sleep sounds like the best idea ever right now."

Jensen chuckled, " Of course. Bye, babe."

Marissa hummed again, before she was letting her eyes fall shut, dozing off again.

NOTE: so, marissa's nickname for jensen is beautiful and she can like...get it

get it