Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

It took days for Ezra to return to his normal self. Even then, he was never quite normal. He suffered from severe migraines, they were so bad, I'd sometimes have to hold him up from passing out.  

"I'm not saying you should go to a doctor." I tell him, as he just finished puking behind the academics building, "But maybe you should go-"

"Don't finish that sentence."

I narrowed my eyes and continued anyway, "You should go see a doctor."

He used the building to help him stand back up, his body practically leaning on it, "I'd rather die." I assumed he meant it.

"These headaches are eventually going to give you a seizure." I mumbled, knowing it'd do no good.

He waved me away, and clutched his head, "Just shut up, you're making it worse."

"I'm worried about you."

"I don't care."

I clenched the strap of my book-bag to keep myself from punching him. He's in pain. I have to keep reminding myself that. "Fine." I took a breath, "Then I'm going to class, since you obviously don't care, you can walk to class on your own, I hope you don't pass out in the hall." I leveled eyes with him, "That would suck for you."

I spun and began to walk away. Not even a minute later Ezra was at my side, his arm wrapped around my shoulders and leaned against me.

"You're such a bitch." He said with clenched teeth as he tried to match my pace.

"Takes one to know one." I replied, as I secretly relished the feeling of his body against mine. I payed no mind to the students watching us, or that Ezra kept secretly glancing at me when he thought I wasn't looking.

I had began to wonder what Ezra thought of me. Or how he felt for me. He used to be known for his many one-night-stands. He was a billionaire; what billionaire didn't have a multitude of people ready to take their clothes off for them?

At first, I wondered if that's how Ezra thought of me, someone to just toy around with until he got bored with me. And everyday I'd wonder if he'd stop sitting with me during lunch or wait for me outside the dorm building so we can walk to class together, but he never did stop. Maybe I'm becoming spoiled, or maybe I'm tired of waiting to be thrown away.

Or maybe he thinks of me as something more.

"You're awfully heavy for such a thin man." I complained, "Are your bones made of gold or something? Jesus."

"Diamond, actually, commoner's mistake."

"Hmm. Remind me why I'm friends with you again?"

He ran a hand through his curly hair, and forced himself to stand a bit taller, "I have a lot of money?"

I snorted, "Good answer, but I don't think that's it."

"I'm pretty gorgeous as well."

"Yeah yeah, you're God's special child, I get it." I noticed him grin, and though he seemed to wince, I couldn't help but smile at the sight. It's be so long since I've seen him smile. It was beautiful.

We walked into the academic's building and went to our class.

There were numerous students already dressed in costume for the Halloween party tonight. I had hoped Ezra had forgotten about it -or better yet, decided it was a waste of time and didn't want to go.

But of course, once Ezra get's his mind stuck on something, he never really changes. I assume it's the stubborn billionaire inside him that refuses to back down.