twenty

ayla's pov

ayla's pov

"Daniel, can you please hurry," My voice echoed throughout a quiet hallway, a comfy couch being my only companion in the large empty room.

Only a few TV's buzzing sounds being heard over each other. My eyes searched the entire room. Several coffee machines, small snacks and vending machines filling the area.

It was late now. Everyone had gone home but only because they'd set me and Daniel up and neither of us knew about it. But we didn't mind.. Daniel had the idea of going out without them and drove me to this place out in the city where they had a pool, golf, basketball, and a buffet filled with endless amounts of food. We'd been there for the entire day and it was now late but we wanted to go for the swim. Afterwards, Daniel went to go take a quick shower to freshen up from the chlorine-infiltrated water. He soon came out in nothing but a towel, which caused my eyes to widened and immediately look away. But let's be honest here, I couldn't keep myself from staring.

Looking at him, his perfectly ripped abs were glowing off his tanned skin, his muscles were beaming and his hair was wet and moppy from our time in the water.

My mouth had fallen open with the small shape of an 'o' forming. Daniel ran his hand through his wet head and laughed, "What?" His voice and laughter were like music to my ears. Shaking my head, I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.

"Nothing, you just," My face scrunched up. I didn't mean to say that because I knew something was bound to slip my tongue.

Walking up to me, Daniel continued to get an answer from me, "Huh? Just, what?" With a smirk plastered across his lips, he came closer to me, his body's warmth buzzing onto my nearly bare skin. Nothing but a soaking wet tee and bikini bottoms to cover myself up. He was only a few centimeters away from me. His body was hovering over mine. I could feel his warm breath slowly escaping over my lips. Still, I knew the words I was going to say.

Feeling myself begin to breathe heavily, I slowly let out, "You just, look great. You always have," My eyes fell from his lips to his body, which was still silently grazing on top of mine. A smile appearing across his lips, showing his tooth gap. I watched his eyes quickly scan my lips. Then, he softly plopped himself next to me on the long couch.

Groaning, Daniel's head fell back as he stared up at the ceiling. I couldn't help but chuckle.

He popped his head back down to face me, "You think my suffering is funny?" His voice stayed low, a grin not escaping from his presence.

I looked into his blue eyes, my thumbs twiddling softly in my own lap, "Of course not," I laughed, then proceeded to confront the question. "Why would you be suffering anyways, silly?" I asked, dropping my hands and adverting my eyes to him. The soft hum of a children's movie playing in front of us on a large TV screen. A quiet dripping of coffee that someone must have started to brew echoing behind us as well. Although he seemed a little upset inside, his eyes were smiling, still they rolled to the back of his head, causing me to laugh again.

Suddenly, his their brightness widened, "Do you know how tempted I was to just!" he nearly threw himself at me, stopping himself before calming down.

My smile slowly disappeared, Daniel's arm slowly went behind his neck, along with a nervous laughter.

"Nothing, I can't." He coughed.

"Can't what?" With my heart quickly beating, I had a prediction of what was about to happen.

I was right.

Daniel's eyes scanned my entirety, falling onto every aspect of myself before leaning into me, his lips pressing themselves against mine. I could feel the warmth and love all at once.

Before I knew it, I could sense his hands begging to caress my cheeks, then they did. His hands were so cold, but I didn't mind a bit. Taking my own hands, I placed them onto his bare back, the towel slipping off as he adjusted himself, revealing a small line of Spider-man boxers underneath Under Armour shorts. Seeing them, we stopped what we were doing while I giggled. His cheeks turning red by the second. Placing his face in my palm, my fingers along his jaw. After making eye contact, we were back to locking our lips together.

It felt so wrong but so right at the same time. The thing is, as much as I wanted to tell myself I didn't want him anymore, I couldn't believe it. It came to my attention that I'd been lying to myself. I've wanted Daniel more than anyone all along. He made me happy in a way nobody else could. Finally it all made sense to me.

Lying to myself would only hurt us both.

So, after three long years without him, I knew what I had to do. But before I could process it clearly, Daniel's mouth slowly pulled itself off of my lips, agony falling over me. Not only because I didn't want my mind to change, but also.. Because I wanted more.

"Ah. God. I'm sorry, Ayla," He apologized, backing away from me and getting up his hands reaching for a nearby tee shirt as he slipped it over his bare back, "I'll go get the car started so we can leave." Grabbing the keys and his backpack that was sitting on the floor, he made his way towards the nearby exit. The low buzz of the room being the only sound until my voice was heard, "Daniel, wait."

I stood up dramatically. All that was visible was a snippet of the back of his tee, having an old Guns N' Roses symbol on the back.

He didn't turn. It was almost as if neither of us breathed until I stormed towards him. My footsteps were hard on the ground, my cold hands placing themselves on his now sunburned cheeks. Looking into his ocean eyes, they danced in the low light. My own eyes glanced down to his lips, before I plastered mine onto his. I felt his grip on my waist, pulling me closer by the second. One of my hands rubbing the back of his neck while the other rested on his warm chest. We both stopped, our eyes glued to each other for a while.

"You don't have to be sorry," I croaked, my breath shaking.

Daniel's lips formed a perfect smile, "I don't?" He beamed, the backpack slipping off of his shoulder as he brought me into his arms happily. Shaking my head, I whispered a faint 'no' before wrapping my arms around his body, resting my head on his broad shoulder. It was like I was secure and safe again. I couldn't be happier.

-

super short chapter but here's what y'all have been waiting for :)

hope you enjoy the book so far!

love, yasmin

1/28/19

ps, just gonna plug my socials, i have a singing account on insta called __recklesslove and my twitter is yeehawyasmin

it'd be awesome if u followed, k bye love u all <3