Chapter 1

As I walk into a pub, not far from Diagon Alley, I find it full, except for one barstool at the very end of the bar.

When I walk over, I find a tall man sips on his ale. He dresses in a black bomber jacket, skinny jeans, and trainers. He wears a black beenie to hide his hair, and black rimmed glasses sit on the bridge of his nose.

"Is this seat taken?" I ask and he shakes his head. When I sit down, he scoffs and I frown "Watt?"

"I never thought the great Harry Potter would approach me outside of school." when he looks my way, I recognize his eyes, immediately.

Draco Malfoy.

I'm frozen in shock as he tosses his finger up to call the waitress over "He'll have what I'm having. Can I get the check?"

When a burger and chips are placed in front of me, I snap out of it "Malfoy, what are you doing in London?"

"I live here." he states, before recommending "Put a bit of barbeque sauce on that and you're Golden." he sighs and rolls his eyes "More than usual."

He slaps a few bills into the check, before standing and starting to walk out, but curiosity gets the best of me "Malfoy?"

He swings around and crosses his arms in front of him "Pottah?"

"Why are you in London?" I ask and he gives me a look as to say 'are you stupid', then I understand "Voldemort."

"I have a couple of months to be a normal teenager." he states, before shrugging "Have a nice meal."

I can't stop myself "Malfoy?" I ask and he turns around, giving me a look of annoyance "Please?" he gives me a curious look and I insist "Stay."

With a sigh, he sits next to me and asks "What do you want from me?"

"I want to know why you've acted like you hate muggles, even though you're wearing muggle clothing." I tell him and he gives a short nod, before sipping his ale.

Eventually, he sighs "Believe it or not, I don't hate muggles." he tells me and I give face of amusement "I'm a pureblood. I was raised to believe as my father does, but I've grown to see that muggles are not less than us."

"Five days ago, you were stomping around Hogwarts with a hatred for muggles." I remind and he shrugs, before looking around the bar "Were you meeting someone?"

"No." he tells me, before looking to me "You still have the trace on you. I can't be too sure that The Dark Lord isn't looking for you." he shakes his head "I'd be dead if one of them saw me like this, don't you know."

"One of whom?" I ask and he gives me a knowing look, before rolling up his sleeve to expose the dark mark "You're a Death Eater!"

He scoffs "I don't wish to harm you, Pottah." he sighs and rolls his sleeve down again "I don't wish to harm anyone."

We sit in silence for a minute, before I ask "Did he threaten someones life?" He nods, somberly and I continue "Who?"

"My mum. Me." he states and we go silent for a second, before he explains "My mum, she got me out of there. Set me up in London. She returned for my father." he shakes his head "And she hasn't came back."

"Aren't you scared?" I ask and he gives a sideways smile "What if he gets inside her mind?"

"She's better than me, when it comes to occlumency. The best I've ever seen." he states, before shaking his head "Nobody will get into her head."

A thought comes to mind and I frown "Why are you telling me this?"

He scoffs, before looking at me with a bright smile. I think it's the first time I've ever seen him smile, instead of sneer "You're the only wizard I've talked to since the end of course. Muggles wouldn't understand what we're talking about."

After a moment, he looks to me and states "I heard that you weren't going back to your house." I give a short nod and he asks "Where are you staying?"

"Like I'd tell a Death Eater." I joke and he nods understandingly "But I've been running around the traces, never in one place more than a day. Only came back to retrieve a few things."

"That's more dangerous than staying put." he declares and I give a questionable look "Eventually, you'll start a cycle that you won't even know your doing."

I frown "What do you suggest I do?" I ask and he shrugs, before I scoff "I can't even protect myself in a fight, without being expelled."

He shrugs, before taking a sip of his ale "My apartment is off the map." he states, before looking my way "You can stay there for a few days."

I give him an odd look "Malfoy, last week, neither of us would give the time of day. How am I supposed to trust you?"

"You can't." he states, before looking at me "I'm a cunning snake with no loyalties and absolutely no courage. I was just offering to stab You-Know-Who in the back."

"How brave of you." I smirk and he rolls his eyes "If I can't trust you, why should I go home with you?" he gives me an amused look and I sigh "You know what I mean."

"Let's face it." he sighs, before looking to me "You're reckless arse is too curious to not come back to my flat, even if you hate me." He looks at me with a certain look "Besides, you'll be able to get some sleep for once in your life."

"What makes you say that I've never slept well?" I ask and he gives a doubting look "What?"

"Pottah, you slept in a small cupboard, under the stairs." he states, before continuing "Voldemort has tried to kill you, every year you've been at Hogwarts."

"I slept well in school." I insist, before he continues his look of doubt "Seriously, I slept well in school."

"In a room full of boys?" he asks, before shaking his head "There's absolutely no way to sleep well on those tiny beds, in a room full of smelly, snoring boys."

I sigh "You're right, Ron does snore on occasion."