Chapter 32 Why ?

These last two days I've fought the urge to open up my door to Evan again. Literally. He's been knocking on my door even since yesterday morning trying to talk to me. But all I could muster was an 'I'm not ready yet'.

My mind was working on over drive ever since he dropped that bomb. Trying to figure this out , if  there could be a possibility that he's telling the truth,  how he could manage to pull something like that off , but most importantly,  WHY.

I haven't really spoken to anybody about this , not even Emma. To be honest , I haven't even left my room , well except for my doctor's appointment this morning , but other than that , I was an empty shell of my former self lying in bed.

I sometimes wondered what my life would've been like have I not met Evan.  Have I not been captured. Have the plague not broken out.

Yet , my source of optimism and imagination had exceeded their limits and I couldn't even imagine being anywhere but here.

"Andy , please ... I miss you ..." Evan's voice sounded from the other side of the door again.

I didn't reply.

"Can we please talk ? Let me explain."

Nothing. I just stared at the back of the door , trying to fight the tears as I listened to him cry on the otherside.

"Please ..." I heard him whimper.

He was weak. Damaged . Completely not himself. I haven't seem him this ... this ... broken before.

And it was partly my fault.

The next thing I knew , I was turning the knob to my door , making him fall into the room.

I watched as he lifted his head,  showing me his red and puffy eyes. He was a complete and utter mess. And I thought I had it bad.

I walked over to the couch as he followed me like a puppy , taking a seat infront of me.

We watched eachother's brokeness state , feeling more guilty for what we have done to eachother. 

I took a deep breath as I said ;

"Let's talk."

We talked for hours and hours as he told me everything from the beginning. At first I thought he was making all of this up and I even told him that . But that was before he pulled out a crumbled piece of paper from his pocket proving that he was Kenzie's father.

I then asked him how he managed to do that , knowing he could've been caught running the tests. To which he simply replied ; "Liam helped me. He works in the lab"

I was stunned . At a loss for words while I took in all of this information. Could it actually be ... true ?

"You're serious ? Right ? This is not a joke? " I asked dumbfounded.

"No Andy,  this is not a joke. I really am Kenzie's father. " he said seriously with a smile , taking my shakey hands in his.

I looked at him , seeing the smile forming on his face.

This was it. This was real.

I soon found a smile forming on my face and my lips connecting with his.

It wasn't a ' I haven't kissed you in a while so here you go ' kiss.  But a ' I love you even more now ' kind of kiss.

It was electric.  And I couldn't believe we had a family. Together.

All of this made so much sense now ! Why he was so protective and involved during the pregnancy and why he's been taking such good care of Kenzie outside of the room. 

How could I have missed the signs !?

They were all there , right infront of me.

"So , what happens now ?" I asked , looking up at him expectantly. 

"What do you want to happen next? "

I stared at him confused,  not sure what he meant by that but also unsure myself what I wanted .

"I don't know ..." I replied honestly.  I really didn't know what happend next. What did this mean for us , for our relationship,  for anything. 

"How about,  we take it one day at a time . I mean the cat's out of the bag , you know I'm Kenzie's dad so that obviously changes things for us relationship wise , but it doesn't have to change EVERYTHING. " he said softly as I smiled lovingly up at him.

"Yeah , I agree . So while the cat IS out of the bag , is there anything else I should know ?" I said teasingly.

"Well , um ..." he said seriously , scratching the back of his head nervously.

"What ? There is !?" I said surpised that there actually WAS something else he's been hiding from me.

"Yeah... But keep in mind that this time it wasn't my fault. "

"What wasn't your fault?"

"Now remember, they made me do it ."

"Spill it ." I said seriously as he kept building up my suspense.

"Well, I kind of ... madeyoupregnantagain." He said really fast , thinking I wouldn't catch on.

"You what !?" I said louder than I intended to.

"Yeah ...but this time they asked me to. I swear !" He reasoned.

"Asked you to ? "  I said , a bit calmer now.

"Yeah , the night when they moved you back to the Breeder wards I was called in by my General.  He told me that because I was showing such loyalty and leadership that he would reward me. At first when he told me that my reward was that I would be the Donor to the next breeder in line , I declined,  I didn't want to be apart of that again. But when I over heard him saying it's you , I had to do it. Please understand... I did it for you. " he tried to explain.

I stayed silient as I listend to him talk. In a way I should be mad that he did it to me , again. But he did tell me about it and I do understand where his intentions were coming from - even though he had no right to make a descion like that without consulting me- but I get it.

"It's fine. I get it. I mean , I should be mad that you did it again - without consulting me by the way - but you did it out of love so it's fine. You DID do it out of love right ?"

"Yeah ! Totally! Totally out of love. Cause I love you. "  he said sweetly.

"Okay then. Are you sure that's everything now ? Or is there a third child of ours I don't know about? " I said laughing as he soon joined me.

"Nope. I promise. That's it. "

And that's it for this chapter.  I know it's a bit shorter than my usual ones but stay tuned , there's things that are about to go down 😎 what are your thoughts on Evan now ? Let me know in the comment section below, until next time my Lovelies thanks for reading ❤❤❤