Chapter 1: The Introduction

(The music is to listen to as you read, It doesn't have anything to do with the chapters. Enjoy Diabolical love!) 

Morgan's Pov

A while ago, I had sent my crush, Josh, an email telling him that I liked him. He sent back, 'I can only marry within my religion.' Something is off about that though.  

We all did work, my friends and I, and we found absolutely nothing. He just didn't make sense from what I already knew about him. We presumed he was from some religion that was super strict, but we couldn't find one that matched him well enough to classify him. 

I started noticing he wasn't himself quite quickly. He stayed to himself, was quiet, wasn't as friendly when talking, he lost interest in Violin. Something was extremely off. He had been playing the Violin for several years. There was no reason for him to hate it so abruptly. 

"Shelby, have you noticed any differences in Josh's behavior?" I looked at her with a worried look. She looked down for a moment as if remembering something. Shelby had long partially curly brown hair that went down to her hips. Her eyes were Hazel but they changed depending on the lighting. 

"Actually, now that I think about it he seems like, feisty." Shelby thought aloud. 

"Exactly. That's what I've noticed," I sighed and I stood up looking over in his general direction seeing him sitting down and staring at the table he was at. "Something just isn't right." Shelby followed my look and saw him staring at the table and she tilted her head slightly. 

"He doesn't even look okay. He looks like he is questioning something quite serious." She said. I examined him from a distance. 

"Almost like he's planning something. Something big." 

~~~

Orchestra was not my favorite time of day, but I would have to pretend for now because I needed to figure this out. He walked in and he got his Violin out but he didn't bother checking to see if it was tuned. As I was staring at him, I realized he had a scrape on his forehead. He was trying to hide it the best he could with his hair. 

I looked at it further. It had no marks around it. It was only slightly red around the gash. Meaning it wasn't a fall that caused it. He had no bruises around it. The wound was slightly deep and would probably scar. It could be multiple different things. Knife wound. Glass. Anything sharp could've made it with ease.

I watched him play noticing his slight wincing every time he moved his wrist. He broke it a while ago. It's fine, totally fine. His wrist is just sore from it. Phantom pains right?

~~~

I was laying in my bed staring at my ceiling. I texted Shelby suddenly wondering what she thought. 

"Hey, Shelby. You still awake?" I sent it to her in a text. She responded within a few moments.

"Well, now I am! I was trying to sleep!" She sent back. I laughed a bit. Classic Shelby. 

"Sorry about that. I was just wondering what you thought was wrong with a certain somebody." I sent her and she responded after a few minutes meaning she was most likely thinking. She was a fast texter sometimes. 

"Maybe he dated someone broke up with him and he's not handling it well?" She sent. I scoffed but it turned to a growl.  Oh, hell to the no. 

"No way. Not on my watch. I would've known," I sent it back fast. Probably to fast. Whoops.

"Of course you would know. Jealous much?" I knew she was laughing behind her phone. I scoffed.

"Don't judge me!" I replied. I knew my face was red but I didn't do anything about it. Not like anyone could see. My room was too dark.

"It probably isn't too important. I have to go to bed Morgan. Good night!" She sent and I knew she signed off meaning there was no use in texting her but I did anyway. I sighed quietly before texting her goodnight and I set my phone down. No way would he be dating anyone. I would have known if he was.

~~~

I walked into the school and immediately he looked different. He was wearing darker clothes. His tennis shoes were pitch black instead of his normal blue. He had visible bruises on his knuckles. He got into a fistfight most likely, but with who? I looked away right as he turned to look at me and I saw his glare from my peripheral vision. What is going on with him? Something is not right whatsoever.