X.

UGLY
- $UICIDEBOY$

UGLY - $UICIDEBOY$

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

elijah resided on the floor of the woods, his back pressed against a tree as his gaze flickered from his sleeping brother to the siphoner who's head was resting upon his lap. elijah's fingers treaded through jocelyn's unruly hair, a shallow breath falling from the original's lips.

the nobleman simply couldn't grasp the fact that the young siphoner was truly dead. the brothers had spent the last decade attempting at keeping the girl from the hands of danger, the mikaelsons not realizing until it was too late that they too were a hazard for her well-being. anger was the only thing he could feel as the memory of her body falling limply to the ground remained on a loop inside his mind. elijah's fingers then traced the side of her face, the act sending a shiver down his spine at the feeling of her cold skin.

only a moment later, klaus was gasping awake due to the nightmare that was only replaying in his own mind. the sight of jocelyn dying wouldn't leave, not even for a second. the distress in her scream prior to her death never allowing him to think of anything else.

klaus scanned his surroundings, easily finding elijah's dull eyes before they fell to jocelyn's limp body, her head still resting upon elijah's lap as his fingers pushed her hair from framing her features.

elijah watched as reality set in for the hybrid. klaus glanced around once again, every memory in his wolf form flooding his mind as well. the pain and self-hatred he felt for allowing jocelyn to be in the crossfire overpowered his feeling of freedom from breaking the curse.

the noble original threw a set of clothes towards the man, not sparing him a glance.

"how long has it been?"

hope bloomed in klaus' chest as he thought maybe there was still time. that it'd only been so long since she died, therefore, there was still time for her to awake as a creature of the night.

"nearly fourteen hours." elijah replied shortly, his gaze falling onto the girl once again. "i'm going to compel someone to get her a tombstone next to her grandmother. i figured that's where she'd like to be. only reason i haven't so yet is because your wolf wouldn't leave her."

"she had vampire blood in her system." klaus stared blankly towards the dead girl, confusion dawning on the man. "she had my blood in her system. she should've awaken."

"and why on earth would she have had your blood in her system in the first place, niklaus?" elijah's words were gentle despite the utter frustration he felt.

the original lifted jocelyn's head with ease before he stood to his feet, allowing jocelyn's head to rest upon the ground instead. elijah straightened his suit with more force than was necessary, desperately trying to keep his calm facade intact.