24- The Mix-Up

Spencer

I kept calling Nova and she wouldn't answer the phone. I started to worry. She always had her phone in her, which means if she wasn't answering, that she either was ignoring me or something had happened to her.

Panic started to set in, thinking that something happened to her and Hallie.

I start pacing the living room clutching my phone in my hand tightly.

Hours had passed since she left the house with Hallie. She should be back by now. Why isn't she back? 

My phone ringing pulls be back to reality. I glance down hoping that it's Nova, but it's not. It's Lacey.

"Hey Lace, I cant talk I'm waiting for-"

"Shut up Spencer!" Her voice sounds panicky, and she sounds like she's been crying.

"What's going on Lacey?"

"It's Nova. She's in the hospital"

I felt the color drain from my face. My vision became blurry and my heart started racing.

"What happened?"

"She was at the park with Hallie and passed out"

"Is Hallie ok?"

"She's scared, she keeps asking for you."

"I'm on my way."

"Okay, we'll be waiting"

Before I even hang up the phone I'm out the door with my keys in my hand.

She was at the hospital and I didn't know? Why wasn't I called?

I get into my car and race out of the parking garage. I didn't even bother to put on my seatbelt. I didn't care if I got pulled over, Nova was the only thing on my mind.

The lights and streets pass by in a blur as I speed to the hospital.

When I finally reach the hospital I park in the no parking zone by the front entrance. A security guard tried to tell me to move it but I ignore him and rush into the ER.

Lacey is in the waiting room, her eyes red and swollen. Jonas is holding her tight, as they watch Griffin, Hallie and another little girl play on the floor.

"Lace"

Her head snaps up and she runs over to me.

"What happened to her? Is she ok?" I ask as she hugs me.

"I don't know, the doctor hasn't come out yet. She just passed out Dakota didn't know what to do"

"Dakota? Why was he with her?"

"He was at the park with her, they were on the bench and then she got up to play with Hallie and just dropped"

"Where is he now?"

"In the room with her, they won't let anyone else in"

I was worried before but now I was pissed. Why was she with Dakota?

I walk over to the nurses station.

"Name?"

"Nova Ramirez"

"Sorry did nobody is allowed to go back until doctor examines her"

"I'm her boyfriend. I need to see her"

She gives me a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry sir, but I'll be sure to come get you as soon as the doctor allows it"