Chapter 73: Face to Face

"Olivia? Olivia?" 

I heard the echo of my name being called out again and again. It felt like forever trying to open my eyes, but when I finally did I saw an unforgiving scene. Ava looked afraid and The Lovely Suicide World was blood red and black. Everything. Kids walked around, slowly, dead, with no personality like zombies. "What...what's going on? What happened to the place?" I stood up and looked around.

"Olivia," she pressed her hand against my chest. "You're back! What did you do to yourself?"

This time, I didn't feel a heartbeat at all. I shook my head at Ava, knowing what she wanted to say but I didn't want to hear her say it. "I know..." I paused. "but I have to stop all of this. No one deserves to feel the way my mother did. Not even her."

"She knew, Olivia," Ava began to hold my hands. "she knew you'd come back. She's causing everyone here so much pain."

"Please, Ava," I squeezed her hand. "how do I stop her?" 

"You have to kill-" 

Before Ava could say anything, a wing stretched out from underneath her. As soon as I saw the feathers, I started running for the palace. It was dark red and unwelcoming. Soon enough and just in time, Sunny appeared next to me. 

"Sunny!" I stopped. "Is it really you?"

"Yes, but not for long. She's going to put an end for all of us-me, you, the horrendous squad" she took my hand and lead me to the trees. The same trees where I found out where the traitors were tortured. 

"Sunny wait," I grabbed her shoulders. "The field. It's on fire but nothing happened. Why?"

She looked around. "I-" She then looked behind her. Mother was there in the distance, slowly approaching us. "I think you have to destroy the field inside her mind. You have to destroy her-"

"And how do you know it'll work!" I yelled out. "The field's on fire on Earth. Rose is in danger. What if it doesn't work?"

Sunny walked me up to the tree. It slowly opened up, revealing unwelcoming screams. I could hear the chains and see their shadows. I could feel fear and sorrows. I ran inside, unsure of what I had to do. Sunny followed behind me. The tree door closed behind us and for the first time in this world, I felt pains. Stinging heat that poked at my body. The two of us soon heard mother laughing but couldn't see her.

"You think you're safe inside there?" 

We soon saw the other children, shackled against red bloody walls. "The never-ending pain," Sunny whispered then slid a key of the sort into my hand. "Help me unlock some of them."

I was surprised mother didn't appear. We just heard her laughter. As Sunny and I quickly unlocked children and teens, some even adults, she gathered them into a circle, telling them to stay put. "We can't unlock all of them. But just some," she said.

There were literally hundreds of people locked away on chains. "That's enough," Sunny said as I unlocked a young girls chain.

"It's good to see you again, Sunny," a boy laying on the ground beneath her too.

Sunny smiled at him. "You too, Kenneth. Now listen. The same way we lead kids here, we have to go back up there and lead them away. Make them fight back and snap them out of this. We can no longer let Morphran believe she has power. You all rebelled now, we're going to rebel some more."

Kenneth stood up, raising a weary eyebrow at Sunny.  "I thought you were on Earth, recruiting people. We thought you turned on us."

Sunny looked at me. "I did, but I saw potential in this one. She broke the evil that was bestowed on me." She faced Kenneth. "No one should feel as worthless as we all felt cause we're not worthless. But we will be if we don't fight now."

"Come on," I started back towards where we came from. "Let's get them back up there."

More laughter echoed. I let all of them go before me until each one was safely back into the world. When Sunny was out, I gave her a hard look. "I'll see you, okay?"

"Aren't you coming with us?"

I smiled at her and took a few steps back. Before the entrance closed, I winked at Sunny. "I think I need to have a chat with my mother."

Sunny's determined face was the last thing I saw, and as soon as I turned around, my mother's face was the next...