Chapter 28

I Love you Siddu, I love you so much that I had to let you go. I know you must be hating me now for what I did to you but it was the only way for me to save you from me and my death.

One month ago if someone had said to me that I denied loving you and gave you a heartbreak, I wouldn't have ever believed them instead I would have slapped them for saying such things about us.

One month ago I was diagnosed with this dreadful disease which made my whole world upside down. I was shocked to know about it. The fact that I would be leaving my parents and you made me cry more and more.

I had to gulp back my pain, tears, love and had to act in front of you that I didn't love you and seeing the hurt on your face was more painful to me than any death in this world.

I didn't know that a day will come where I have to let you go. Trust me Siddu, the pain I am going through now is thousand times more to the pain I have caused you.

I have promised myself that I would never let any pain come near you but I never thought that I would be the one who will be giving pain to you.

I broke the promise of being forever with you.

I am Sorry Siddu.

But you will be always in my heart and you will be the only one that I will love till my last breath.

I always loved you, I still love you and will love you forever.

Siddharth sobbed loudly clutching the diary to his chest tightly. Her words made him cry more. Looking at the tear stained page made him cry even more.

The guilt and regret of misunderstanding her and hating her came back to him like a slap on his face. He couldn't bear this pain. The pain of losing her is suffocating him and pain he is going through looking at her tearful words is making him hard to breath.

Neha told him to read the diary so that they might get some clues about where she is. So they all got back from Anu's house after finding nothing. Siddharth took the key to her house from Raj and diary with him to his house.

He was dreading to read the diary as he doesn't know whether he is prepared to read it or not. With lot of hesitation and fear he opened the first page. It looked like she had started writing this after they got separated.

But now after he read the first page he couldn't bear it. He broke into sobs. He is scared to read more and at the same time curious to read more but for now he closed the diary as he is not in a position to read more.

******

Days have been passing but they couldn't get any clues about Anu. Siddharth was restless. Raj and Neha insisted him to come to the office but he denied. He involved himself searching for Anu day and night.

It was the day of the appointment for Anu. All were anxious whether Anu will come or not. Siddharth was so tensed that he didn't sleep before night at all.

Raj, Neha, Karthik and Siddharth waited for her in the hospital hiding in the different places. They waited, waited and waited but she didn't come.

They all were disappointed deeply especially Siddharth. He went to the doctor and said to him to inform him whenever Anu comes for her check up.

******

After a depressed week, Siddharth has been coming back from his search when his phone beeped in his pocket.