1.2.34: Explanation

Xiao Yunhua and Qiang Yue ended up speaking for a few hours. When everything was explained, both felt much better.

Since it was late, they decided to eat dinner together.

The sound of laughter relieved Qiang Yue as he knew the woman in front of him didn't seem to hold a grudge.

Her smiles remained the same as for when they were on the island.

It seemed like nothing had changed which was okay, but Qiang Yue suddenly remembered the words of Xia Li had said.

He felt anger at the thought of Xiahu Yunhua smiling with another man, eating dinner with another man, being with another man.

These were taboos that made something in his heart stir for the first time in his life in regards to a woman.

Suddenly, Qiang Yue realized that the woman in front of him turned quiet. "Qiang Yue, I want you to be honest with me..."

Qiang Yue didn't hesitate to nod. "Always have been, always will be."

His spoken line made her smile but she retained her serious nature and asked, "That day in the water... was it really you that saved me?"

Qiang Yue blankly looked at her.

He didn't know if he should be honest, but since he had been feeling guilty all this time and he despised lying, he decided to be honest. "No."

Xiao Yunhua expected for him to say that he did, but to hear the man that she never presumed to lie, actually lie, she was bewildered.

She didn't know whether to feel angry or to let him explain.

She finally decided on the latter and looked at him so that he could explain.

"I had told you that I was going to rest, and this was the truth. But a few hours later, I had gone down to the receptionist to ask something, but I saw that there was nobody working. Albeit, I did see droplets of water creating a trail of some sort. When I followed it, it lead to your room."

He suddenly took her hand and gripped it, "You know, I then based it on the clues and told a white lie. But only because I didn't want you to worry! You're alright, no matter who it was that rescued you!"

Even though Xiao Yunhua didn't like the fact that he lied, she didn't want to ruin the relationship that she had built with her target, hence why she nodded.

But the added mystery made her think of that man and that night, in which she had kept it to herself due to the fact that she was afraid to reveal it.

It was shameful yet mortifying that she had nearly slept with a stranger.

Those were the types of thing that happened in movies or in books, but this was reality.

Her reality.

And she needed to be more careful.

So instead of being honest and telling him that she was disappointed that he lied to her, she pretended that everything was okay.

That's all that she could do at the moment.

Later on, they had finished and Qiang Yue offered to drive her home but she declined.

She couldn't tell him about her real identity... yet.

She was so close to grasping another target, she had to take all precautions.

Even if it meant lying her way to his heart.