Chapter 13

I used to recognize myself,
It's funny how reflections change
When we're becoming something else
- James Bay -

Klaus kicked the door opened, and the rest of his siblings followed him. There he was, Marcel Gerard, the orphan boy Mikael and Esther took in. The boy they grew up with. The boy that shared so many moments with Rebekah and promised to marry her. How did all of it go so wrong? They were family. And now here he stood before them, as their enemy.

Marcel had truly loved Rebekah. But he loved something more. Wealth. And so at first, he had used Rebekah into getting them to sell a share to him, in their company, but during that time, he actually fell in love with Rebekah. He wanted to confess but something always got in the way.
It was Kol, who heard Marcel's conversation with his chums. And that was the last they ever saw him.

"Marcellus!" Klaus said, rather calmly. "Good evening. I'd like a word."

"We've come here for the girsl," Elijah joined. "Give them to us, or we kill everyone here." He looked at Enzo and Sofia standing at the corner, with several others, scattered, each had a weapon in possession, in what used to be a living room. "Starting with you two." He meant Sofia and Lorenzo. Then they all crowded the Mikaelsons.

Marcel laughed. "You all got a lot of nerve, after the hell you put me through, coming here and making demands."

"You deserved it, Marcellus." Kol snapped.

"The girls!" Elijah yelled. Klaus stepped forward, putting his hand on his brother's shoulder, joining in. "We will not ask again."

"Which one are you talking about anyway?" He joked. "The blond?" He looked at Klaus, as if he knew something. "Or the brunette." He then shifted his gaze at Elijah.

"Both." Kol moved closer to them. "Where are they?"

"Who are they, anyway?" Marcel grinned.

"Old friends," Klaus smirked.

Rebekah sighed. "You're all amateurs." She quickly grabbed the rod the tall man had, spun it around and hit him in the knee. When he cried out in pain and kneeled down, she hit him on his back, knocking him unconscious. Everyone gaped and looked at her in awe. She ignored Marcel's pleased look and headed upstairs, when she was blocked by another built man.

"Do you wish to die as well?" She asked, completely calm.

"Let her go, Aiden." Marcel ordered, and watched Rebekah run upstairs.

———————

"Hey..." Hayley muttered looking down at her boots. She closed her eyes and looked at Caroline who was busily banging the windows with a foot-long log that she took from the pile of them.

"HEY!" She yelled. Of course, Caroline heard Hayley the last seventeen times she had tried to talk to her. But she couldn't look at Hayley. She just couldn't. When she first woke up, it struck her that Klaus would never dump her unconscious body into the horrid what looked like an abandoned asylum that had a foul smell. And she knew one thing: She had to get herself out of here.

Caroline once again ignored Hayley after a small pause and banged harder without a rhythm and with a final blow, the wooden window broke open. A smile crooked in her face and she muttered.
"Come on, let's go."

"I... I can't..." Hayley murmured with a low moan. Caroline pursed her lips and turned around to face Hayley. Even through the dim light, she appeared pale as a ghost and she was sweating. Then her eyes trailed down to Hayley's shoes. Her water had broken. Caroline's eyes widened.