65. Aliens

We were watching how Squidward was trying to get the time stone from Strange. Dad suddenly raised his hand, ready to shoot, making me jump. It was Strange's coat. 

" Wow you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" dad asked it. 

" Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty..." a voice came from above us. Peter dropped down from above. 

" What the-" dad started.

" I know what you're gonna say." Peter told him. He didn't have his mask on, and he was just as handsome as I remembered him to be. 

 " You should not be here." dad started. The cloak suddenly moved over to dad's side, mimicking his movements. It was pretty funny actually. 

" I was gonna go home -" Peter tried to explain, but dad interrupted him. 

" I don't wanna hear it." he told him. 

" But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you and O on the way -" 

" And now I gotta hear it." Wait, he was thinking of me? 

" ...And I kinda stuck to the side of the ship. And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here." The cloak looked shocked. 

" What did you just say?" dad asked him seriously. 

" I take that back. And now I'm here in space." Peter said. 

" Yeah. Right where I don't want you to be. This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. It's a one-way ticket. You hear me? Don't pretend like you thought this through. You could not have possibly thought this through." dad tried to explain to him. 

 " No. I did think this through." he answered. 

" You could not have possibly thought this through." Dad told him. 

" It's just- You can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man when there's no neighborhood." he said waiting for dad's reaction " Okay. That didn't really make any sense, but you know what I'm trying to say." I looked at him, he looked so sure of himself. 

" Can I have a word with you, in private?" I asked Peter. Dad walked back a few steps. 

" What's wrong?" he asked. 

" I literally told you I didn't want you involved in all of this." I said annoyed " And what do you do? You get yourself involved." 

He looked calm, collected. " You know I can't let you guys do this alone." he told me " I can't lose you again." 

He made me smile, " You're a dork Parker." told him. 

" And you're a nerd." he smiled. 

" Come on. We got a situation." dad said pulling us away from each other, it was time to work. He took us over to the viewpoint where we could see Strange. Peter crouched down to look. " See him down there?" dad asked " He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go." 

Peter thought for a moment. " Um. Okay, okay...uh.... Okay. Did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?" he asked dad. I immediatly knew what his plan was.

Dad and I landed behind Mr Calamares, hand repulsors ready to fire. "... could end your friend's life in an instant." he said turning around. 

" I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend. Saving his life is more a professional courtesy." dad told him. 

" Hey, speak for yourself," I told him " He likes my ice cream flavour."

 Squidward slowly walked towards us, beckoning very large pieces of metal to levitate. " The girl who escaped," he said recognizing me. " You've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine." 

" Yeah, but the kids have seen more movies." dad told him. Dad fired a rocket that pierced the side of the ship. Voldemort and his floating metal immediately got sucked out. The cloak wrapped around Strange's arm and a piece of the ship, but he slipped loose. Peter shot a web at strange and one at the ship, trying to keep him back. But the web snapped and they both went flying to the hole. I was about to go after them when the Iron-Spider suit revealed metal arms that kept them from being sucked out into space. 

" Yes! Wait what are those?!" Peter yelled. 

" They are my crocs!" I joked over the communication. I heard him laugh. He jumped back inside and dad repared the hole with his nano tech.

I walked past dad and Strange and went to give Peter a hug. He stopped me " What are you doing?" he asked. 

I stopped, confused " Wha-?" 

" I'm kidding, come here." he said taking me into a hug. I had missed him. 

When we broke off the hug I could hear dad was irritated " And I want you to thank me now. Go ahead, I'm listening." he told Strange. 

" For what? Nearly blasting me into space?" Strange asked him. 

I walked up to them " Excuse me, who just saved your magical ass? Us." I said annoyed. 

" You should be thanking us." dad added again. 

" I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet." Strange told him. 

" Admit it. You should have ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you. You refused." dad said. 

" Unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you." strange told him. 

" And due to that fact, we're now in a flying doughnut billions of miles away from Earth with no back-up." dad said. 

" I'm back-up." I said. 

" Okay we have one person." he said acknowledging me. 

Peter raised his hand " I'm back-up too." 

" No. You're a stowaway." dad told him " The adults are talking." He pointed between him and Strange. 

" I'm sorry, I'm confused as to the relationship here. Wh-what is he, your ward?" Strange asked confused. 

" No. I'm Peter, by the way." Peter said introducing himself. 

" Doctor Strange." Strange said. 

" Oh, we're using our made-up names. Um... I'm Spider-Man, then." Peter corrected himself. Strange just walked away from him and to the front of the ship. 

" This ship is self-correcting its course. Thing's on autopilot." dad told us. 

" Can we control it? Fly us home?" Strange asked. Dad seemed to be lost in thought.

 "Dad?" I asked. 

" Yeah?" he was back. 

 " Can you get us home?" Strange asked. 

" Yeah I heard you. I'm thinking...I'm not so sure we should." 

" What?" I asked confused to why he would think that. 

" Under no circumstance can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here." Strange tried to talk sense into dad. 

" No. It's you who doesn't understand, that Thanos has been inside our heads" he pointed at me and himself " for six years since he sent an army to New York and now he's back! And I don't know what to do. So I'm not so sure if it's a better plan to fight him on our turf or his but you saw what they did, what they can do. At least on his turf, he's not expecting it. So I say we take the fight to him. Doctor. Do you concur?" Now, that wasn't a bad idea. At least the fight wouldn't be on Earth. 

" Alright , Stark. We go to him." Strange agreed " But you have to understand... if it comes to saving you or the kids or the Time Stone... I will not hesitate to let either of you die. I can't, because the fate of the universe depends on it." I could live with that.

 " Nice. Good. Moral compass. We're straight." dad said walking over to Peter. He formally tapped his shoulders with the edge of his hand, like he was knighting him. " Alright, kid. You're an Avenger now." dad said and walked away. Now he was really in on all of the craziness. And I was proud of him, he realised a dream. But the fact it was him, the guy I liked, made it hard not to worry about him.