7. A View.

I WAKE up to someone's arms draped tightly around my waist. The first thing on my mind was the terrible hungover feeling and the raw feeling in my stomach, I wasn't sure what happened last night but I was glad that I was safe and that's all that mattered. My philosophy is, if I was here right now, alive, that means I'm okay. The one thing I knew right now is that I was lying underneath Pep. 

The last thing I remembered was snorting coke, seeing Pep as an angel, and then dozing off. Shit, coke really did a number on people, huh? We all knew Pep was the furthest thing from an angel. I stayed silent and unmoving for a while trying to remember what took place last night and how I ended up here. I stared at the unfamiliar ceiling. I guess this was Pep's personal bedroom. She had one at each location but I've never been in any, they were always locked.

I felt her grip loosen around me as she turned in her sleep. I took that as my opportunity to move. I was naked, which wasn't very surprising, I had a tendency of stripping when I got stupid wasted. What I wasn't sure about was if we had sex, if we did I would've loved to have been sober for our first time together. After all, it's all I can dream about. I silently searched for my clothes in the room and gave up after realizing how clean the place was. I pulled the silk red robe from the hook on the bathroom door after relieving myself and made my way out of the room to find a kitchen silently praying to not run into anyone from last night, especially seeing me tiptoeing out of Pep's private room.

At first glance, the walls were a different colour in both locations which I found strange. Instead of a dark colour, the walls were a deep rich mustard colour and instead of naked bodies, art pieces lined the wall. I took slow steps admiring each before I got to the landing and descended the wooden steps. The house was basic compared to the locations she had and it was much smaller. It felt more like an apartment and that's when the realization dawned on me that I was at Pep's house. The house everyone talked about - the property in the hills-  and could only dream of entering but here I was, in her robe, walking through her house as if I owned the place. I contemplated if I should turn back and slip back into bed but my throat was dry and I desperately needed some water. 

The living room had dark brown leather couches and a curved flat screen tv sitting on the wall above a faux fireplace. The wooden coffee table matched the same material as the stairs and the curtains were a dark colour. I guess you could definitely live lavishly when you had the money here because everywhere else on this side of the island looked under-developed. The houses were made of wood and the roads weren't even proper roads but you could surely live like this if you were bringing in 7 figures.

There was a sliding door behind the dining table. I couldn't stop my feet as they directed me to the sliding doors which I opened and stepped out onto the balcony that overlooked a large empty field. I fell in love with the view and I wish I had my camera to take some pictures. I sighed at my dormant passion and went back into the house closing the sliding door behind me.

I finally found the kitchen which looked like it came straight out of an HGTV magazine and hesitantly touched the stainless steel double door fridge. I always wanted to live a lavish lifestyle but back home my mom couldn't afford it and neither could my aunt here but here I was standing in a dreamlike kitchen. I could push back all the cons of working this job if it meant I could live like this.

Did I really love material things that much? There was no second thought in my head, I was a material girl. I spent my savings to buy a plane ticket to St. Amrys just because I wanted a life I couldn't get working a 9-5 in Jamaica. 

Was there really anything wrong with loving material things? Better to have them now because it's not like I can have them when I'm dead.

I opened the fridge to see that it was fully stocked but basically empty at the same time because of my vegetarian diet. I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and poured myself some water before getting the orange juice from the fridge. There was a passage that led me to a fully stocked pantry. I looked around and saw that she had pancake mix. There was a freezer to the left side of the room which I took a peek into. I was surprised that Pep's house was this fully stocked but she spent most of her time at the office and I rarely ever saw her eat.