The Second Greatest Detective

It says somewhere that each robin represents an aspect of Batman, Dick is his heart because deep down no one can really say he doesn't love fiercely, isn't motivated by love of the city, by the loss of those he loved most. Jason is his anger, because as controlled as he may be he is still driven by rage, at the death of his parents, at the injustice of the world, at the criminals he puts away and the corrupt city that keeps letting them back out. Later comes Damien, his skill, from his flesh trained brutally from birth he possesses incredible ability tampered only by age and arrogance, who could one day be a greater fighter. But Tim Drake is his intelligence. One of the few people alive, if not the only person alive, who could possibly out think the world's greatest detective. While he lacks Damien's skill, Jason's rage and Dick's passion, Tim is most like the big bad bat, the only one who could one day surpass him, because what is talent and brute strength without a mind behind it, Batman would not be Batman without it.

                                        ~

*Tim's POV
I may not be the fighter that Jason was or as passionate as Dick, but I am a far better investigator than either. It's how I become Robin in the first place. He is how I became robin in the first place. I've known, in the back of my mind I've known, it's only sheer stubbornness and knowing what it would do to the people I care about that has kept me from really acknowledging it. There was no way I wouldn't have known, so when Wally asked me to look into Nightwing I had to face the facts. There is only one person in the world that moves the way Nightwing does.
Dick Grayson, the first robin.