Chapter 23

OK, I am giving away free flight tickets to my place so that you guys can come and kill me..

Exo land back in Incheon international airport once they were done with their tour dates. It was around 10pm and the members were all tired of the long flight. Sehun keeps his eyes out, string at the busy streets of Seoul, with a tiny glint of anticipation to see Luhan but he was more anxious than that. He clenches his fist tight, making his knuckles turn white until a hand hold on it, loosening it up. Looking at his right, he finds his leader hyung, giving him a questioning look.

"Aren't you sleepy.?"

"Hyung, do you think Luhan will forgive me.?"

"Ha.?"

"All I want is Luhan to forgive me hyung. Should I hold onto him or let go.. I will leave that decision to him. It doesn't matter if he wants to get a divorce because I know, the way I treated him, and he deserves the freedom he lost. I am just.. scared hyung, what if he doesn't forgive me.? That thought just makes me feel suffocated."

Sehun looks up to his hyung nervously as Xiumin squeezes his hand, giving him a small smile.

"Do you know.? if there is no fear of losing someone, there is no love but if there is fear, there is love."

"I do love him hyung but what to do.? I realized it too late I guess." He gives him a better smile before looking out of his window.

Sehun has been thinking about this the whole time and he finally came to this decision. It took a while, a really long while to forgive himself. He treated his first love, his life like shit and it was obviously hard for him to stop hating himself. But when he did forgive himself, he started to get anxious, will Luhan ever forgive him.?? In the end he could think of only one solution. Asking Luhan for forgiveness and letting him go if he wants to. Luhan is an angel and never gets angry on anyone but every angel has a breaking point right?

His train of thoughts comes to a halt when their car pulls over in their parking lot. All the members get out of their car, exhausted, wanting to be in their comforter's embrace. Once inside their dorm, few run into their rooms while the rest take turns to take shower and have a midnight snack.

Sehun stand in front of the connecting door, hesitating when Xiumin shows him his fist, mouthing a silent fighting. He takes a long breath and finally steps inside their apartment. The house was dark with no sight of Luhan. Where is he.? Sehun wonders. It's already midnight so there is no way Luhan is out. He slowly walks in, trying to find the switchboard. Once he finds it, he switch on's the lights only to see the most terrifying sight in front of his eyes. Something that he had never thought of witnessing the very moment he got back. There was a pool of blood, still fresh, in the middle of the house. There were few hand and foot prints of blood and that very sight made Sehun's eyes wide and his mouth dry. W..what happened.?? What happened to Luhan.?? Why is there blood on the floor.?? Where..Where is Luhan.??

Sehun starts to feel dizzy with all the negative thoughts clogging his head when Lay dashes into their house, holding his phone as he slightly gasps for air.

"Jun....Junmyun called, Lu..Luhan is in the hospital and he.." Sehun couldn't hear anymore. His world started to get hazy, blocking every single sound from his ears. Luhan. His Luhan is in the hospital, hell knows is what condition and their baby, Oh god.!! He can't even think about him. Just when he was about to make things right this has to happen. Sehun slowly walks up to Lay, fisting his shirt weakly with tears falling involuntarily as he whispers

"T..take me there."

***

The drive to the hospital was too long for Sehun, too long than the time he had to spend away from his first love. It was calm with Tao driving the way, who was also having a hard time holding his emotion. Lay was in the passenger seat and Xiumin was behind, sitting along with Sehun. Their manager didn't want the rest to tag along because it could be too risky. Even their car was their manager's, which will give them no attention. Reaching their destination, Sehun gets out immediately, briskly walking into the hospital when Xiumin stops him.

"Let Tao lead the way, it too dangerous for you." he whispers throw his mask and Sehun halts, listing to his hyung. The hospital was fairly empty, with only few emergency patients considering the odd time. They rush into the emergency department to find Junmyun, sitting all alone near the operation theater, fidgeting his dress shirt. Lay immediately sits beside his partner, hugging him as the later snuggles into his touch.

"Jun, what happened.??"

"I was bringing supper for Luhan since he was all alone. But the moment I stepped in there..he..he was already on the floor, unconscious. It..it was all my fault. I shouldn't have left him all alone. I...I should have stayed with him. If I was with him, this..this wouldn't have happened." Junmyun cries into Lay's torso as the latter tries to smooth his wife. Sehun stares blankly at the closed doors of the operation theater which open with a bang as doctor's and nurse's dash out of the room. The member's get startled at the sudden commotion when a couple of doctors push throw them and enter the operation room, closing the doors on their way. Just when they were about to get bemused, a doctor slowly walks out, pulling out his mask and bows.

"Are you guys related to Mr. Oh Luhan.??"

All of them nod their head right away as the doctor slightly bows in front of them.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I am Dr. Jung Hoseok. I was actually Mr. Oh Luhan's consultant Gynecologist but he stopped coming since three months ago. The last time he visited, I had a hutch that something was up but he refused to take further test to make sure of it. And now, we had to suffer from the consequences."

"Wh..what are you talking about Doctor.??" Lay speaks out, being the only person in his right mind.

"We are done with the operation and Mr. Oh is fine, but we have some complications with the baby."

"What complications.??"

"The baby is suffering from hypoplastic left heart syndrome. To put it simply, the baby's heart is defected and being preterm isn't helping. The cardiac surgeons has taken over but.."

"But what doctor.?" Junmyun shouts, he is being impatient but he couldn't hold back.

Dr. Jung sighs before he looks up again into Junmyun eyes as he speaks,

"We are trying over best but the chances of survival are very slim. Mr. Oh is being transferred to his room. He is still unconscious but you can visit him. Hope you prepare yourself for the worst."

Tao clenches his fists, trying his best to hold back his tears only to fail miserably. Xiumin can also feel his eyes getting teary at the sudden news. Junmyun falls down, as Lay holds him and his own emotions intact. Everyone knows how much Luhan loves his baby and now this.? What did Luhan do to deserve this.??

The information took longer time to sink into Sehun's head as he slowly walks up to the glass door, with his face gone expressionless. His..no their baby..is inside..struggling to survive. It hasn't been that long since he started to admit the fact that Sejun is really his baby but now.?? He deserves this heartbreak for being cruel but not him, not Luhan.

Junmyun, Lay and Tao slowly move to see Luhan as Xiumin stays behind with Sehun, who stands rooted near the glass door, refusing to move a single muscle.

After almost three hours later, the operation theater doors open and Hoseok steps out with an unreadable expression on his face. He looks at Xiumin and then to Sehun, slightly shaking his head as he lowers his gaze. And that...that was enough for a tiny tear to finally run down Sehun's blank face.

that was enough for a tiny tear to finally run down Sehun's blank face

Author's note:

I know, I know that was really heartless of me but please bear with me.. I know, I know that wasn't what you expected to come but I am still not done with justifying the heavy angst tag. I just wanted to make it even more dramatic with the tiny knowledge I gained as a medical student. I know that you are so angry with me but just..just don't kill me. Bye bye.