chapter nineteen: new guy

"There's a new prop guy, and he's literally so hot. And cute. I don't know, I think I'm in love." Laura whispered to me as we walked on set.

"Show me him! Maybe he'll like me." I joked.

"Probably will." She uttered sarcastically.

We walked over to where he was and damn, she was right. He was probably about six foot, with red hair and tanned skin. He wore a t-shirt that defined his muscles.

His defined jawline with peach fuzz on it clenched as his dark brown eyes looked at the props.

"Hey! I'm Bella, we like to get to know the people behind the camera." I explained and walked over to greet him.

He looked up to me for a second before smiling, and holding his hand out.

"I'm Oliver." He said with a smile. Great, he has an accent too.

OLIVER MCLAIN !!

"Nice accent, where is it from?" I asked politely

(A/N Why did that make me think of the Jay Versace vine)

"New Zealand." His smile melted my heart.

"I love it." I complimented and waved as Laura and I walked off.

"He's totally into you." She said happily while smiling at me.

"No way." I put my hand in the air as if saying 'nonsense.'

"Totally is. I saw the whole thing." Tony said as he joined my other side.

"Whatever you guys say." I laughed as I headed to the makeup trailer to get ready to film.

"Hey Bella." Tom said cheerfully, walking to it with me.

"Hiya." I said tiredly. I didn't sleep well last night, I keep having these odd dreams like somethings..coming.

Almost something out of a movie, but I knew it was just nightmares messing with my head.

"You okay?" He asked, looking down to me.

"Yeah, I didn't sleep well last night." I explained and he nodded.

"It's crazy that we only have, like, what? A month left of filming?" He said and I nodded.

"Yep, it feels like we just started yesterday. But this cast is like a second family, so I don't have to worry about friendships falling out." I spoke honestly.

"It's good to have that feeling." He said in agreement.

I nodded and we walked in, after he held the door for me like the gentleman he is.

Once I had wrapped up filming, I was watching Zendaya and Tom get talked to by the director on their upcoming scene.

The couch spot next to me sank as I looked over to see Oliver.

"Hey!" He greeted happily. I turned to face him.

"What's up?" I questioned.

"Nothing much." He said, pausing a moment before speaking again.

"How'd you land this role?" He said curiously.

"My dad got me into it. He kinda volunteered me since he's seen me act before." I evaluated.

"Your dad's Robert Downey Jr, right?" He asked and I nodded yes.

"That's so sick!" He laughed.

"Yeah, that's usually the reaction I get. How do you like working here?" I tried to keep the conversation going.

"It's nice, I can tell the cast is really great. Are you all like family?" He said and I nodded a stronger yes.

"I know I can count on them, they're really great people. I'm really glad my dad volunteered me or I would've never met them." I added, and he smiled.

"That's great, really great." He complimented.

I nodded contently and he broke he awkward silence.

"So..are you free soon?" He asked with a little blush on his face.

"Uh, yeah, I think so. Why?" I smirked, knowing he was asking me out.

"I was thinking maybe we could grab some sandwiches from this little deli I found. They're insanely good." He said, his mouth watering from the thought.

"That sounds cool. Is it a date?" I teased.

"Only if you want it to be." He teased back.

I hit his shoulder playfully.

"Alright, pretty boy, I see how it is. Add your number in." I handed him my phone.

He did so.

"Pick me up this Friday at 6, yeah?" I said and he thought for a second before nodding yes.

"Cool, I'll text you my address." I said as I got up.

"See you around." I smiled and waved flirtatiously.

"You too." He said nervously.

I walked off and Zendaya grabbed me.

"What was that?" She said anxiously.

"I just got myself a date, I think." I said.

"Go you!" She smiled and clapped her hands.

I laughed and we separated.

"So I see you have a new guy?" Tom said, walking over to me and tugging his mask off.

Shit.

"If you want to call it that." I smirked.

"Yeah well, he better not pull anything." He said protectively.

"What's that supposed to mean? Technically I'm single." I defended myself.

"Yeah, well, you're my crush. I liked you first." He said like a little kid.

"Tom, I like you. Don't worry about that. But unless we're together, I'm still allowed to hang out with over guys." I patted his chest reassuringly.

He huffed and gave me a jealous look.

"I'm so kissing you later." He mumbled while walking off, leaving me flustered.