Five

Tim

Tim wiped a spot of blood off his cheek. Ugh, blood always messed up his makeup.

"You should tie your hair back," Jason commented idly, checking the magazine of the handgun Dick had given him. "It gets messy and is more liable to leave DNA at the crime scene more often."

"Is that why you keep yours short?" He shrugged, handing Dick the gun. Roy puts away the pistol he holds in a holster hidden under his jacket. He hits Jason's shoulder gently and motion to the rest of the team. Damian sends Dick over to talk to them, securing their three captives with a cable rope he got from why knows where.

Connor looks over to Tim. Lagaan is glaring at him. M'gaan at their side speaking to Dick. Bart is physically vibrating next to Jaime, speaking too quickly to be understood. Kaldur is talking quietly with Bruce, holding himself like he would with his king. Jon is by Damian, listening to something he was saying. Wally looked like he was trying to explain something to a pissed Artemis, the calm kinda pissed where she said nothing, shoulders back, arms crossed, eyes dead, you know the minute she speaks up you're dead. Barbara is watching, amused, from her spot at the bottom of the stairs.

"Looks like you boys mad a little mess while we were out," Stephanie chirps from the top of the stairs with Cass, both still all geared up, with bruises and bloody teeth. "Hope we didn't spoil the fun."

"Welcome back, girls," Bruce said with a smile, motioning for them to come down. "You're just in time to meet the team." He turned to the others, motioning to each respectfully. "Here's Kaldur'ahm, Artemis, you already know Wally and Jon, there's Jamie, Bart, M'gaan, Lagaan, Roy came back for now, and finally Connor."

"Nice to meet you, kiddos," Steph waves. Cass bows her head in greeting.

"I'll go get Alfred," Tim said, moving past the team into the servant's hall.

The sounds of their chatter faded the further down the hall he went. He looked into the room before he entered. Alfred is unsurprised, already grabbing the first aid kit off the wall when Tim appears in the doorway. Instead of a hello, he asks how his stitches are holding. They're holding just fine at the moment, seeing how he's not bleeding everywhere.

When they get back to the room, Dick is holding Lagaan back from Jason, who is standing there with his arms crossed over his chest, unimpressed.

Ah, yes, the 'He Is Actually Red Hood Why Have You Not Done Something' argument.

"You can't arrest a dead man," Tim speaks up, standing by the stairs while Alfred went to tend to Cass and Steph. Barbara nodded in agreement. Jason gave the lagoon brat a smug look. Lagoon brat yelled in frustration. Bruce stood off the to side, looking thoroughly amused.

"Then beat him into submission or something! Not like you guys haven't done it before," Lagaan shouts.

"First off, he's our brother," Dick points out. "Secondly, he's not actually a bad guy. He only hurts the bad guys. Now, boys in blue are bound to be showing up anytime, so hurry up and get out of here. Go through the garden."

Lagaan growled, but thankfully left it at that with a spiteful glare all around. The team started moving towards the back exit as Dick gave them the directions. Connor sent Tim a look. Tim waved, mouthing a small 'seeya tomorrow.' Artemis turned to ask Wally if he was coming when he didn't move to leave.

Wally looked to Bruce, then Dick. "I'll catch up," he said, waving a hand dismissively. "Go ahead, I know the way back."

They left and soon the sirens were outside.

They would have a lot of explaining to do in the morning. But for now, coffee and casework.