Chapter 47

Both men circled around one another, each step bringing them a foot closer until they were at an arms length. Which, Cedar needed to avoid as long as possible since that was one of the many disadvantages he had against Alagan. But I figured Cedar would be the first to attack, and he was. The one who usually makes the first move in the fight are the weakest.

     He punched the air with his left hand, Alagan dodged it, Cedar faked the left knowing anyone else would have moved their head to the right, where is dominant punch would be waiting, but Alagan was not just anyone. Why couldn't Cedar see that.

     Alagan leaned back to avoid Cedars right punch, in doing so my brother grabbed Cedars left wrist and turned his body. He managed to pick up Cedar from that simple move feet from the ground and toss his body to the edge of the ring.

     This fight really should have only lasted a few seconds, Alagan could have easily through Cedar just a bit more to get him out of the ring, but he was either giving Cedar an honorable last fight, or my brother found this amusing.

     The crowed was roaring for Cedar to get up and fight, to end my brother. And honestly, I don't know how he was doing it, Alagan. I would not want to come back to the main lands and rule over a land that had my own people hate me. What he was doing was brave, not out of greed as these people probably thought. They'd know the real truth though, soon enough they would all see the good my brother has in him.

     Cedar stood up quickly and flexed his palms in an open and closed motion. He took calming steps back to the center where Alagan patiently stood. Once again they circled one another. And once again Cedar made the first move.

     This time he attacked with a left punch, missed, right kick, missed, right punch, missed, left kick to the knee, missed, right punch to the stomach, missed, missed, missed.

     Alagan has not landed a single punch, all he did was dodge each and every one of Cedars attacks. Yet with each punch Cedar gave, he started picking up the pace. His punches and kicks were beginning to combine, even at one point of the fight Cedar jumped and pushed himself off Alagan's right knee to land a hit from the skies, but Alagan gave his first hit right into Cedars throat.

     Cedar didn't fall to the ground, but he did wobble as he gasped for air until his body healed from the broken wind pipe. That was another thing too, though these men fought without their powers, or weapons, the lands healing was something they could not force out, so they could stay in the ring for hours, maybe days if they had to.

     But I didn't want to be here days, lands, I didn't want to be here for another hour. Not when Aunt Palma, Nazim and I were planning to go into Summer to speak to my father. That was a fight that would be more serious than the one I was watching now.

     Once again the men were at one another's arms length for the next few minutes of fighting. People all cheered for their fake King, and that must have given him confidence. Cedar made a move that sacrificed his face to my brothers fist in order to get a handful of my brothers hair. When Alagan twisted Cedars wrist away from himself, Cedar grabbed Alagan's face with his left hand and left scratch marks from all five fingers along my brothers jawline.

     That shouldn't have been painful, that should have just been a piss poor move, but it wasn't. Alagan hissed through his teeth as if he had just gotten burned, and I knew he wasn't just making that noise out of show. It was real. The pain was real.

     At hearing his pain the crowd cheered while I stood in panic. What had just happened.

     Cedar was just staring at Alagan with a stupid smirk on his face that told my brother "I won" while Alagan just grabbed onto his cheek and gave a smile back that told Cedar "Well played" while I was looking at Cedar in disbelief.