11. Like I Do

Everly

As I sit on the couch his words replay in my head over and over. "I guess your not nice." What is that supposed to mean?
I was clearly going to fuck him.

Being too nice is my kryptonite. I give my all to anyone that I become close to. I've been like that since I was a child.Being nice brought me to my first love. The man I gave my everything too. I gave him my soul and my heart.Being too nice got my heart smashed into a million pieces.

I replay back the events that happened tonight before we almost got caught again. The way he watched me by the fridge. He looked hungry but not for food. Feeling his delicious body against mine. His soft hair in between my fingers. His swollen lips devouring mine. My legs wrapped around his waist. His hands going up my thigh. Him ripping off my panties...

Wait where's my panties?

I search the floor next to the grey sofa. I look under the furniture I even look between the cushions. Where in the hell are my panties? I can not have Avery and definitely not Liam find my underwear in their living room let alone on the couch. They'll never let me live it down and maybe ban me from the living room.I search for another ten minutes coming up with nothing. They vanished into thin air.

After sleeping my hangover away. Starting to have sex with Cohen. Then looking for my missing panties I've worked up an appetite. I hurriedly walk over to the fridge and pull out the makings for a turkey sandwich. I devour it in no time and slurp down my water. I look over at the time on the black stove and it reads 10:30pm. It doesn't even feel like time has passed that fast.

Realizing I have work to do in the morning exhaustion takes over me and my eyelids begin to get heavy.  I turn off all the lights as I go back upstairs.

As I get to my door my feet are practically sliding against the hard wood floor. I open my door and slide over to my tall dresser. Taking off my over sized jumper I drop to the floor and pull on a T-shirt for bed. I go back to my bed I see something lying next to my pillow with a note. As I get closer I realize it's my ripped panties with a note saying " I promise to buy you new ones but I prefer you to wear none -C" I stand in shock staring at the note.

What have I gotten myself into?

*****

Work has been crazy this past week. Planning Avery's wedding has been anything from easy. Today is the fittings for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. We all decided to meet for lunch at a café down the street from the bridal store before we start the fittings for us bridesmaids then head over to get the boys fitted into their tux's.

Avery and I make our way to a table to fit all eight of us. I sit to the right of Avery and her two sisters sit to my right. Tessa and Becca are way younger than us. With little to no interest in anything to do with wedding planning explaining why I'm the maid of honor. A waitress comes to take our drink orders while we wait for the guys to show up.

After I order a lemonade I turn towards Avery to talk more about the fittings we'll be doing later. But as I look up at her someone catches my eye. Sitting diagonally behind our table. I know those brown curly locks anywhere. His dark brown eyes stare back at me with a smirk across his face. Kyle.

He's sitting in front of a blonde girl.  I can tell she's flirting with him by the way she keeps touching his arm while she talks. I turn back to Avery and the girls. "Hello Earth to Ev... did you hear me?" Avery asks. I swallow the lump that was forming in my throat.  "Sorry what did you say?" I keep my eyes on her making sure she doesn't turn around to see Kyle.  I don't need or want a confrontation.