Chapter 3 - Dark World

Disclaimer: Kris doesn't talk but he thinks! Mind-blowing, right? I'm giving him more personality here but still trying to be close to how they are in Deltarune.

General POV

Kris was laying on the ground without moving, unconscious. He opened his eyes slowly to see a grey and black world where everything seemed dead. Nothing moving, no bright colors. Just a grey terrain with a horizon of black and obscurity. He got up and started remembering what happened.

W...What just happened...? I remember Susie almost eating me, then we went to the closet and... Where's Susie? She must be somewhere here... Wait- Where am I?... Better start figuring it out...

(A/N: As you might realize, italic resembles the person's POV thoughts. In this case, it's Kris.)

Kris took his phone and called Toriel but when he did, some strange noises started coming for it. They almost seemed someone or something talking on an unknown language for Kris. The thought freaked him so he just turned it off and head off to discover where he was.

He started heading to the right because there were no other paths to walk. Unless he could fly like certain monsters, but humans don't have that particular ability.

A little further was a shiny white particle. He wondered what it could be, touching it at the same time. When he touched it, he felt weird like a strange force filled his body and soul. Then he heard a voice.

*At times, you see it flickering. The light only you can see.

*By second nature, you reach out, and...

A black screen covered in a white shade appeared in front of him. His name was written there with LV1. He remembered a class where Alphys told that humans could level up if they gained enough EXP. He didn't know how EXP was gained but he always guessed it was gained by defeating something.

He reluctantly touched it and the words became yellow. They spelled "File saved".

The screen disappeared right after. Kris was confused and a little terrified. He had saved a file? What file? Who told him that he is the only one who can see it. Was he crazy?

He then decided to continue. Those questions seemed to take longer than minutes to be solved and thinking about them would only increase the fear.

Walking a little more, Kris found other platforms. They were too far away to be jumped. Maybe Mr. Italian Red Cap could jump that far away like in Super Smashing Fighters for the Nontendo Swatch. On top of them were white balls connected to the ground by a white circular line. When he passed through them, they started shaking left and right in non-stop. What could they be doing anyway?

Continuing brought Kris into a wall. There was still a path but walls could be seen in the distant view so that probably meant he's going somewhere. The closer wall had a hole with a black liquid coming from it. The place seemed to get scarier and scarier as Kris walked into the unknown. 

No clue of where Susie is...

On the next room was another of those shaking things. But this one was weird. It was black and had a red color circling it. He walked a little and the red thing shot at him white pellets. His SOUL appearing on his chest and he was distracted by it. It took him by surprise and...