Where it all started: PART-1 ✔

Present - The aftermath.

It had been more than 10 days and nothing went normal. A ceremony was also held to honour the dead. All the Pack members were visiting the dead warrior's gravestones and paying their condolences. The board outside the graveyard was filled with pictures of the dead and their moments with the Pack. Pieces of their family's writings were also pinned to the board.

Afar from that place, at a room were several old items were kept safely, Alpha Magnar rummaged through all the items like a mad man. When he held his hair in his fists and growled viciously. He couldn't find the thing that he was searching for. And just as he ripped out an old wooden chair, it hit the shelf nearby, making some items in the shelf tumble down.

His erratic breathing calmed when he saw an old photo album, which almost looked empty. He immediately picked it up and searched among the empty pockets for the photo. When he found none, except for the same scent that he caught since he came into the room. His anger heightened and he threw the album on the floor, soon stepping out of the room to the Pack graveyard.

~*~

At the corner of the board, was an old picture of a small girl with doe eyes. The picture was never intended to focus her though. It was taken when two of the Pack's kids were posing for the camera, with hands-on each other shoulders. And the little girl was just watching with curious eyes, at the kids from behind the tree. A couple passed by the picture, only for the woman to come and inspect it. She gasped when she realized that the picture was of her niece.

Her chin wobbled when she saw the only picture that had her niece and she closed her mouth with both of her hands to avoid the sobs that were about to come out of her throat. After sobbing a few times she took her hand towards  her niece's face and tried to touch it.

She withdrew her hand when she heard a raging growl behind her. She immediately turned and found her Alpha, glaring at her. 

"Alpha," she greeted and bowed to him.

Without bothering her, he marched over to the board and carefully ripped the little girl's picture. His eyes softened when he looked at the girl's face and he left from there, leaving the woman confused at to why her Alpha took away her niece's photo. 

'Is he still angry at her niece even after her death?' she thought.

But she knew that it was all her fault and now she regretted it.

~*~

PAST - 10 years before.

One of the Pack members who just went into the blazing packhouse, died, as a huge beam fell on top of him. Janet held onto her injured, unconscious 12-year-old son, Zach, to her chest, out and cried for help. The Beta of the pack, who went in to save the woman and her son, was stuck beneath the broken fiery wall, in the same room.

Even though he was in a lot of pain, he started consoling the woman, saying, "Janet, please calm down. You will be fine. Your son will be fine."

"No. He won't! We will die!'" Janet shrieked, crying louder.

He groaned in pain, trying to get himself out of his trapped position and failed miserably due to his injury on his leg.

"Janet please leave now through the gap! The slab will collapse soon! Leave with your son!' he yelled gesturing towards the very small path that was clear of the fire.

"I'm scared!!" cried Janet, coughing.

"Janet you'll get your son and yourself killed if you are scared. Please, Janet. Think about your son."

"I'm not a coward!" Janet yelled when she listened to the word that some of her Pack members use to call her

"Then leave. Run! Save your son and yourself!'" he yelled on top of his lungs.

With the last gathered up strength, Janet stood and nodded at the Beta and ran holding her son tightly. Within minutes she escaped all the obstacles and ran out only to find the graveyard that the pack grounds had become. Cries for help were being heard by her. Not many of them were alive. And who were alive, were either fighting or left the pack running for their lives. When she saw the Luna lying over a dead body, she immediately knew her Alpha had dies and the Rogues had won. She cried in fear.

"Janet!'" the familiar voice of her sister, yelled her name.

She turned to look at her sister, Isabelle. From the looks of her, Janet knew that Isabelle was injured. Isabelle held her 7-year-old girl and limped towards Janet and embraced her sister tightly.

"You safe! I thought you were..." she sobbed without completing the sentence.

"The Beta..." whispered Janet still crying.

 "What?" Isabelle inquired.

"The beta...he...he needs help," said Janet looking at the burning nursing home.

Isabelle gasped and murmured when she understood what Janet had told her.

She immediately left her daughter down and pushed her towards Janet, saying, "Go to the cave behind the old waterfall. There are some people in there. Our pack survivors. Take Catlyn with you. I'll come behind you,'" and turned to leave.

Janet held her arm and said in a shaky voice, "No Bella, let's leave."

Isabelle's eyes softened at her sister. But she said, "The Beta need my help, sister. I'll find him soon. If I don't return by the sunrise, leave with the pack members. Take care of my daughter, as well."

She kissed her daughter's forehead and left towards the burning Pack's hospital building. As soon as she entered, the building burned with a huge red flame. Despite Bella's words, Janet stood behind the huge bushes, waiting for her, and hiding from the Rogues.

Two minutes passed by and the injured Beta showed up followed by two other pack members. When the beta didn't find Isabella coming behind him, she took a few forward steps towards the building, only to be thrown away by the sudden blow of fire. When he recovered and saw the building, he understood that  Isabella never made it out of the building.

With no other chance of saving her, the Beta left with the remaining injured Pack members and went to their hideout at the cave. But he couldn't find Janet and her son as well Isabella's daughter in the cave. He assumed that they didn't make it out and the  Pack member's answers of not knowing where they were, proved his assumption.

All of the survivors, moved from there the next morning in search of someplace to survive.

So did Janet, away from the Pack, with her son and the daughter of her adopted sister whom she despised to the core.

~*~

Edited: 12-04-2020.