Chapter 23

Is corny I know, with all the song lyrics. But I couldn't resist.

There's no particular reason for the photo above, just that it's Harry and he's amazing.

A lovely lady gave me a shoutout on her insta account @ccbirdwrites. You can view her writing here in Wattpad in this accounts @ccalianese.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody.-

Twenty-three

It was decided, I wouldn't be eating a bit tonight.

I still had the massive Toblerone, after all.

I might also be able to find a packet of crisps once we were back home. Potatoes are vegetables, and the Toblerone has cacao, I'd be getting a nutritious meal.

Besides, sitting next to Harry on a lovely evening, in the middle of an empty field had taken away my appetite completely. Hey, there's an idea! Maybe a video of Harry could be made and sold as a dieting aid. People would lose themselves in his wonderful green eyes, his amazing dimples, beautiful cheekbones and never eat again.

"You haven't touched your meal, Bliss." Said Harry, "What's wrong?"

I looked at him, his beautiful brow furrowed in concern for me.

Yes, for me!

"I'm all right, really," I told him. "I appreciate all the trouble you've gone through, I do. It's just that I'm finding myself unable to eat a bite right now."

"Ok," he answered, amiably "Maybe you need to work up an appetite. Care to go for a hike? I can call the security car for some torches."

A midnight hike? With Harry? I was torn between sheer elation and downright panic. It'd be lovely for sure, maybe we'd hold hands.

But it would also entail walking, and my legs couldn't be trusted at the moment, they were still very much in their jelly state.

This night was turning out to be an obstacle course for me. I've had to go around two already, first the no eating thing, now the jelly legs. Luckily Harry hadn't pressed the former much, for the later I decided to go with a version of the truth.

"Why don't we just sit here for a while. My legs feel funny," I said.

"What's wrong with your legs? They look really, really nice to me" Harry asked.

"Cramp." I lied.

"Like muscle cramp or your time of the month cramp?" he asked, sounding really concerned.

This was humiliating. Why did he want details for?

"More like the let's relax here for a while and it'll be better kind." I replied, hoping he wouldn't pursue this line of conversation any further.

"That sounds nice," he said, as he lowered himself on his back, with his arms nestled behind his neck, "Tell you what why we don't lie down and watch the stars?"

I followed suit, also lying on my back with my arms behind my neck.

"Is this really all this land yours?" I asked, impressed.

"A bit of it, yeah. It's not as much as it looks. It's not fenced yet, so it looks bigger." He answered.

"The stars really look amazing from here, no lights around so they are really bright." I said, reaching for a new subject. Firstly because the stars were really extraordinary tonight and secondly because I always felt uncomfortable talking about Harry's wealth, lest he think that was the side of him I was attracted to rather than his kind, funny, caring, intelligent soul. (His killer looks also help, let's not kid ourselves here. But in terms of really, really liking somebody looks will only get you so far, things will eventually go sour it there's not a nice person behind the pretty face, and pretty hands, and pretty chest, and pretty tummy, and pretty arse, and prettylegs, as is the case with Harry. You know what I mean).