SOMEONE YOU LOVED | sean&kaycee

now the day bleeds into nightfall

it used to be you and me, me and you, sean and kaycee against everything through this shitty highschool and through this shitty world.

but now, it's just me, and you're you. and it's just not the same anymore after everything that happened, and it's a little lonelier now.

and you're not here

we were always together, like two peas in a pod and peanut better and jelly in a sandwich. we were everything and we thought that was infinity because you said it yourself: we were soulmates.

but it changed because of that one day when you told me your truth.

and now it's just.. nothing.

to get me through it all

it was a year ago already, but i still can't help but imagine what would it be like if we were still sean and kaycee, and not sean, and kaycee.

we have the same friends. we have the same classes. we have the same groups we hang out with. we have the same likes and dislikes. and it gets harder everyday that you're so close, yet still so far.

i let my guard down

people think i'm okay now, and people think you're okay. i think i did move on.

but clearly, i suck at doing that.

it all happened too quick, and it moved by too fast. i'm still shocked, sean, but i know you're happier now.

and then you pulled the rug

sean, i just wanna ask you where i went wrong. but i can't.

one day, you told me you didn't love me like you used to. and one day, you told me your heart started to beat for someone else.

bullshit. i thought i meant the world to you. you told me i still do and you still want to have the friendship we built over the years. but that's so so wrong, sean.

that can never happen so easily.

but it's bullshit how i can never stray away from you even if i wanted to.

now, i just pretend and everyone believes.

i was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

now, i have to pretend it doesn't hurt to stare at you from across the table, just to see you staring at her the way you found the stars in mine once upon a time.

now, i have to pretend that i'm okay with being friends with you even after everything we shared, and that it doesn't even slightly hurt.

now, i have to pretend that it's okay; that everything's okay.

and now, i have to pretend you are not someone i still love, and love, and love.

and i'll pretend that it's fine, and i'm okay, and that you're not the one i'm still looking for every day and every night.

CHARACTERS

she's kaycee rice

she's kaycee rice. she's 17, and in junior highschool, and in west covina's dance team, and she was beautiful. she fell in love with the arts and crafts ever since she was a child, and now she's continuing them on as she danced every single day; her passion burned so bright that everyone who watched her fell in love.

she used to be sean's bestfriend and partner-in-crime and soulmate; but it wasn't like it used to. now, they're just friends in the same friend group, and she already fooled herself into thinking that he doesn't mean anything to her anymore.

 now, they're just friends in the same friend group, and she already fooled herself into thinking that he doesn't mean anything to her anymore

he's sean lew. he's 18, and in the same level, and in the same dance team, and is possibly everyone's lowkey crush with his dimples. he's a hardworker, a little mysterious and a little cheeky, but he's a great person.

until he wasn't in her eyes when he broke her heart. his bestfriend is now just someone he could talk to every now and then instead of everyday, and she was now just a person passing by — he hoped she was okay. he knew it was all his fault.

 he knew it was all his fault

and that's jenna alvarez. the one who now has his heart. she's still 17, and in all her classes except chemistry. she used to be in the dance team until she started cheerleading. everyone likes her. she's nice, and she's cute, and she's pretty smart, too.

must be why sean liked her better than he ever liked kaycee before. probably.

others:
julian de guzman
josh price
bailey sok
tahani anderson
vivien lopez
juliette martinez
mya roundy
mia mugavero
tati mcquay
kenneth san jose
jay hancock
gabe de guzman
jade chynoweth
audrey lane partlow
nataly santiago
haley fitzgerald

song: someone you loved - lewis capaldi

hi thanks for being here
i truly appreciate u:) <3
excited for my first every sean&kaycee story ever, and i'm even more excited for how this plot will turn out. a little sad. a little funny. a little happy. but more sad than ever. this introduction didn't really give the storyline justice, and it isn't the best i've got.
but i'm just so excited to post this before anything else.
this will be a challenge for me because it's going to be a little heavier than i'm used to (not really, it's still fun), but i'm learning.
i hope you'll love it, and i hope the story will make u feel something — even though it'll probably turn horrible at some point. hold on though, it'll get better.
ily.
-f