Michael Gray - Secret love story

You and Michael had been dating in secret for a few months now and nobody suspected a thing. Everyone just thought that you two were good friends and at first that's all it was until you confessed your feelings to Michael in a drunken state.

You had told Michael that you needed to keep it a secret because you knew it would cause trouble, especially between you and Tommy.

You and Tommy were bestfriends and did almost everything together, you were his shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen to his problems. He loved you like a sister and he was really overprotective of you. He once put a guy in hospital for looking at you the wrong way.

You were currently sat with Michael in the betting den, not too close to arouse suspicion but close enough so you could feel the heat radiating off of him. You were helping him add everything up and you were the only people left in the room. John and Arthur had just left to go the Garrison which is where you thought Tommy was but you were wrong.

You got up to store the last few cash boxes away and turned around to see Michael a few inches away from you, his hands against the wall beside your head, blocking you in.  He smirked down at you as he meant in for a kiss, you put your hands on his chest and pushed him away lightly "What if someone comes in and catches us Michael?" He smirked at you again and re-attached his lips to yours.

"I haven't seen you in a while Y/N,I've missed you so fucking much" he confessed to you and sighed as he let his hands fall from the wall and onto your waist. You sighed and looked into his eyes "I know and I'm sorry, Tommy's needed help with things and then wanted to spend time together and I couldn't get away" he nodded at you to say that it was okay and went to kiss you again until a cough from behind stopped him in his tracks.

You peered over Michael's shoulder to see who had caught you as Michael didn't dare turn his back. None other than Tommy Shelby stood before you with a stern look on his face. "Shit" you whispered you leant your head against Michael's shoulder and as he realised who it was he slowly turned around.

"H..hey Tom, Uhm Y/N had an eyelash on her face and I was just wiping it off" he stuttered not daring to look Tommy in the eyes. Tommy's eyes never left your face as he took a drag of his cigarette "Michael, my office. Now."

Michael nodded and hurried into Tommy's office, not daring to protest. You opened your mouth to speak but we're cut off instantly "why didn't you tell me Y/N? I'm your bestfriend and you're supposed to tell me everything"

You groaned and let your head hit the wall "cus of this Tom, cus of all of this. Now you're gonna go in there and scare Michael into breaking up with me" Tommy chuckled and you saw a sad glimmer in his eye "if that's what you think of me then fine" he turned his back and walked into his office, slamming the door behind him.

Michael didn't speak as Tommy entered the room and stood behind his desk. "Don't you dare hurt her,if I found out you have or if she sheds even a single tear because of you then I'll kill you. I don't care that you are family and I don't care what Polly would do to me. Cus that girl out there, is the only thing I have left apart from my brothers" Michael nodded and Tommy lifted his gun to face him "bang" he whispered "just like that"

Tommy put his gun back down and waved his hand "now go, and I mean it, don't hurt her" Michael nodded and hurried out the room quickly to see you with your ear pressed up against the door trying to listen in. Tommy caught your eye before the door swung shut and you gave him a smile to which he returned.