Phonecall

4 missed calls.

The universe spun as Coral dialed the numbers to her parent's home. Beads of sweat dribbled down her forehead as she anxiously waited for them to pick up.

"Hello?" came a middle aged voice.

" Hey..mom," Coral replied with a sigh.

" Oh, how are you my darling? You know me and your father become worried sick when you don't answer your phone!"

Coral scratched the back of her head, " Sorry about that mom, we were stuck in some blizzard so we couldn't really get home to answer the home phone."

" Well I'm glad your safe now my dear— wait, what do you mean we?"

Coral froze, " shit,".

" Umm y-yeah I was with a friend.."

" Oh?"

Her heartbeat's pace quickened as she nervously tapped her fingers against the drawer that she was leaning on, " N-no..actually..I was with my..boyfriend."

" Boyfriend? That's good news my darling, you know, your father always thought that you and your introvert self would never have the nerves to get a man! But-you didn't hear that from me."

" Wow, thanks mom. A-anyways I was thinking of bringing him along..I-if that's okay with you two?"

" Oh yes, please do my dear. I'm sure your father will be thrilled as well."

" Yes but you see he is not like any other inkling mom.."

" Yes, I'm sure he isn't. Men can be outrageous these days!"

" That's not what I— n-never mind."

"Don't forget, dinner tomorrow at 6."

" Okay.. well goodbye mom."

" Goodnight my dear!"

Coral frowned. Her parents were always protective of her, she was scared that her own parents might even hurt Kai. This whole situation fried her mind.
She staggered away from the kitchen and into the hallway that lead to her bedroom.

Not wanting to awake Kai, she quietly opened the door. It was no use since she found him wide awake and sitting up from the bed.

" Is everything alright Coral?" He worriedly asked.

She smiled back at him, " Y-yeah.. I just need to really sleep now."

She quickly placed herself beside Kai and turned on her side.

Kai sighed, " No..you may look okay..but your eyes are sad."

You can never hide anything from him, he was fairly good at detecting when something is wrong.

" I spoke with my mother. I told her about you but not about how..you know?"

" That I'm an Octoling?" He finished. " It's fine, Coral. I-I can stay here."

" Noo, it's too late. I need to- I mean we need to teach them a lesson or two about those lies they've been feeding me these past years. Who knows, they might even see how nice of a gentleman you are~."

He chuckled, " Oh alright.. I suggest that I should arrive disguised as an Inkling though.."

" Umm..yeah..maybe. I-I just hate the idea of keeping secrets."

Kai gave her an amused look, " Coral, your Agent 3. You've been keeping your identity a secret from Inkopolis for quite a while now."

" Why you slick little—, I'mma kiss you until I fall asleep!!!"

" Wh- "

____________________________________

Authors note: hey guys, sorry this one is really short. This semester has really been a handful so far, so my apologies. I just needed to get a chapter out for you guys, I didn't want to disappoint any of you this time since I couldn't last time! Anyways
Ta-ta!