Chapter 14

I sigh in relief when I hear two pairs of footsteps. Then the ice starts to melt. A couple minutes go by before the ice melts completely, I gladly open the door, my eyes widen when I spot Iris.

She shakes her head at me with a smirk. Bain starts to open his mouth as I look at him begging him to shut it.

"Navi I can't believe you are bothering the king here." She then looks at Bain as she places a hand on his bicep. I glare at her had willing laser beams to shoot out and zap her hands off. "Im so sorry Bain you had to pause your busy day to find me to get my baby sister out of the closet."

Iris grabs my hand and leads me out of the school with a confused Bain staring at us. "Thank you but I'll be taking her home now." Iris waves.

Once we are out of the school Iris glares at me. "Really Navi you couldn't get out your self."

I roll my eyes at my sister "Seeing as I put myself in there, no."

"Watch your tongue Navi or I'll tell dad you were with the king." Iris threatens as she grabs my arm roughly. I don't say anything and we continue walking to her car.

I grab on to the passenger door and Iris laughs "You didn't really think I was letting you ride with me?"

I sigh as I take a step back, of course not, how could I be so stupid.

I watch as Iris climbs in her car and drives off.

I didn't want to ride with her anyway.

Suddenly the sky roars and rain starts to fall. Great just great. I turn and start walking home.

A dark truck pulls up beside me and the passenger window rolls down. I smile as I see Bain. "Get in, Daniel says we are late." 

My smile widens as I climb in his truck and put my seat belt on. He takes off and we cruise smoothly through the rain. I try not to look at him, knowing I'll get stuck in a trance and stare.

"I'm sorry Navi." I look to Bain with a raised eyebrow, my heart flutters as he says my name. He cast me a quick look, "I wasn't looking for Iris, I was looking for Annie but Iris found me before I could. I think she already knew you were stuck." I sigh knowing how my sister is.

"It's okay, she can be like that." I shrug my shoulders as we pull into the castle. Butterflies swarm in my stomach at how close I am to Bain. We both get out of the truck and walk inside. Frasier rushes to me and grabs my arm.

"Hurry we are going to be late!" He drags me up the stairs to the same room I had changed in last time, he quickly re-curls my hair and does my makeup. He hands me a bag and I walk to the small bathroom and change. My eyes widen at the dress, I put the high heeled shoes as I freak out even more as the dress looks even shorter, everything I had is on show and I don't know how I feel about it.

Actually I do, I feel mortified.