Chapter 27: Angel Costila

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates! I've just got back into college so it's been a busy week. I hope you like this, I also changed the blurb thing. I know it's random but I love demonic twists!

Beyond the staggering trees and bolted church door, stood a statue in the form of a winged angel. Her hands were tied to her feet, cemented down upon her stand. The dismissive look lurked upon her face as her hair stuck out to the side in a ragged bob. I blinked up at her twice over, why was it placed in the centre of a bare church floor?

"Ah, Angel Costila." My granddad sighed heavily. "What a beautiful travesty." He placed me down to the jagged floor, wiping the black dust from beneath his puffy eyes. "At last I've found you."

"It's a statue," my dad stepped forward, a dumbfound look covering his face. "Who honestly cares about some washed down statue?"

The look in my granddads eyes grew furious. He snarled, slapping him up right. "To think you're my son." He stepped closer and placed his hand against her arm. "Do you not remember her?" The look in his eyes grew weary, as though he was disappointed; and what a victory that was. "This, you fool, is the angel of Demonic power. This so called statue is the reason for the towns abandonment."

I stared toward the pair of grown men arguing. "Demonic power?" I snorted.

"Yes, demonic power. You think I made your dad like this? Oh sweetie, such high hopes for the next demonic princess." He marched forward, grasping my wrist, tugging me towards the angel. "You will listen to her, and you will believe in her." He snarled.

"Demonic princess?" I questioned.

"The girl that will one day rule over the powerful humans, and lead us into the battle for earth."

"Oh please," I laughed. "Grow up old man." I twisted his wrist back. "I am not your sweetie."

"Isabella." A voice exploded inside my head. I released my granddads wrist and stumbled forward, my hands landing at the angels feet. "Do not be deceived by these men, or the walls that keep us in this holy place. We are but amongst others; threats. You, my princess, shall fall to your knees and look beyond the box we stand in."

An unknown force pushed me down by my shoulders, grasping each leg to prevent me from escaping. I stared up into the angels eyes, letting out a soundless scream as she lifted her - now fully fleshed - foot. The chains stuck to her feet dropped loose, entangling themselves up to her wrists until she tugged them free. "You have released me, Isabella."

"Released you?" I gawked.

"I was imprisoned in this church along with your grandfather during the 18th century." She began. I left out a slight laugh, feeling a prank coming on.

"Really? 18th century? My granddad's only 74. He wouldn't have been born around then."

"He wasn't born at all," She smirked. "In fact, he's one of us." She swayed her hand to the side and all the force relieved off of my body. Stood beside the angel were two smaller figures that shaped like gargoyles.

-

~ Sam's P.O.V ~

"I told you to take the last left, are you even listening to me?" I groaned.

"The last turning led to a dead end," Henry sighed. "I know my way around here."

"Then why did you ask me to get the NAV up?"

"I didn't?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and scrunched my face up like a piece of wrinkled paper. I must have been hearing things.

Hearing things is for thee insane, is it not? A distant voice whispered. I turned my head in a rushed panic, squeezing my seatbelt between my fist.

Don't be alarmed, young man. I see your friend is taking you the wrong way - on purpose perhaps?

The car came to a sudden halt as I turned to face Henry. "The car won't move?" He frowned.

"Are we nearly there?" I questioned.

"Yes, about two minutes drive - ten minutes walk." He began. "But now the cars not going."

He's lying! The woman inside my head screamed. I covered my ears and squeezed my eyes closed.

"Sam?" Delilah whispered.

I felt my eyes grow heavy and my head go weak as her screaming increased. Soon enough, the darkness swallowed me into the abyss.

- Delilah's P.O.V -

Since we had left the warehouse, Sam had been acting strange. At first we thought it was the poison and loss of blood that made him so delusional.

"Sam?" I whispered in concern. He was covering his ears as though the world was too loud.

"Sam can you hear us?" Henry said, placing his hand on his shoulder.

His hands dropped to his side, turning his head to face all three of us. I watched cautiously as he opened his mouth - before we had the chance to react, a low growl left his mouth as his violet eyes flickered open. He stared for a moment, before lunging over the seat towards Henry, causing a quivering scream to echo from my lips.