Chapter Fifty Six

Rosé

Daniel invited me to his mother's birthday dinner and boy did I freak out. Apparently, Daniel has told her about me and she's expecting to 'meet the girl who has made my stupid son a lovesick puppy'—her words not mine.

I was with Aaliyah when he called and to make matters worse, I was at the OBGYN with her as she got her contraceptive shot when I started to freak out.

I'm freaking out not only about meeting Daniel's mother but also about what to wear. I asked Aaliyah and she said to wear what I feel comfortable in, that it doesn't matter what I'm wearing but rather how I, be myself.

So, my dress is a simple white with blue flowers midi dress with short sleeves, bustier-inspired waist, and slit down one side. I blow out my hair, giving myself soft, wavy curls and I'm keeping my makeup very light with hints of pink and raspberry for my cheeks and lips. It's cold out so I'm wearing a white knitted cardigan and my white heels.

Daniel is waiting downstairs for me.

It's been four days since he confessed to me and I've dreamed about him every single night. It's so unhealthy how I'm thinking about him day and night but he's somehow crawled his way into my heart and soul and made me a fool-in-love for him.

Nate is on a date with his girlfriend Bianca. Yeah, my brother is dating. It's gross, especially when he's FaceTiming her and talking all cheesy and shit. Let me gag. Nate doesn't have a problem with Daniel and thank god for that but he does shoot Daniel dirty looks whenever he catches me and him in my bedroom. Nate has been shoving the no babies speech down our throats but Daniel and I just laugh it off.

I grab my phone and the sunflowers that I bought for his mother. I asked Daniel what flowers she likes and he said sunflowers.

Daniel is slouched on the sofa in the living room but when he sees me, he gets up on his feet as if almost mesmerized. He looks hot as hell in his black pants, a black t-shirt, and his varsity jacket. His eyes hood with fascination as he watches me walk up to him and when I hug him, he sighs in content, burying his face in my hair.

"You look beautiful," he groans, "And smell like a meadow."

I warmly smile up at him before he cradles my cheeks and leaves a soft kiss on my lips that has me thawing in adoration.

<3 <3 <3 <3

"Happy birthday." I smile at Daniel's mother as I hand her the flowers.

"Sunflowers," she excitedly looks at them, "Thank you, sweetheart."

Arabella Carter is gorgeous and so young. No wonder Daniel and Noah look heartbreakingly ethereal, their mother is a literal goddess. And the blue dress looks magnificent on her.

I smile at Luna who is sitting next to Noah and the girl looks so pretty. Daniel and I sit opposite them, with Arabella on the head of the table.

Everything on the menu looks appetizing and I decide on a pasta dish. The restaurant is bubbled in a dimly lit room with candlelit tables and classical music.

Arabella talks to Luna and me about our school studies and asks her sons about their sports. She's so enthusiastic and playful. But I can tell she loves her sons to the moon and back. Something makes me wonder—their father. He's not here. Are he and Arabella separated? Do Daniel and Noah talk to their father?

Whatever their situation, I hope she's happy and the boys are happy.

Our food is laid on the table by the kind waiters and the moment I take a bite, my taste buds sing hallelujah. The food is delicious.