Chapter 2: Reunited

Ruby and Yang: Wow...

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Ruby:  Ohmygosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!Ow! Ooww!

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!

Ruby: 'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Y/n: Or in some cases, a way to remember our family.

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Y/n: Let's not give her the wrong idea Yang.

Ruby: Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Yang: Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?

Ruby: But... why would I need friends if I have you and Y/n?

Yang: Well... Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!

Ruby: Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms?I don't know what I'm doing...

Ruby falls backwards into a luggage cart, sending cases flying. Someone is standing over her.

Y/n: Ruby. Are you ok?

Weiss: What are you doing?!

Y/n: (thought) Why does it have to be a Schnee? Then again dating a Schnee wouldn't be so bad.

Ruby: Uh, sorry!

Weiss: Sorry?! Do you have any idea of the damage you could have caused?

Ruby: Uuhhh...

Weiss: Give me that!This is Dust - mined and purified from the Schnee quarry!

Ruby: Uuuhhhh...

Weiss: What are you, brain-dead?Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!

Ruby: I... I know...

Weiss: Are you even listening to me? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself?!

You notice as Weiss keeps shaking the vial in front Ruby, who had been receiving more and more Dust to her face, finally sneezes. You jump in front of Weiss taking most of the  full-blown explosion of flame, snowflakes, and electricity right that would've hit Weiss. The bottle she had been holding flies over the courtyard and at the feet of Blake Belladonna, who picks it up and notices the Schnee Dust Company logo on the side as she reads from a book and looks over at the scene.

Weiss: Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!

Ruby:  I'm really, really sorry!

Weiss: Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?

Ruby: Well, I-I...