Sweet as You

The Cupboard is Empty

I'm all out of midnight phone calls and flowers sent to your door.
I'm out of throwing letters off fire escapes and drawing a cathedral in the sand.
I'm out of spray-painting your name on freeway overpasses.
I'm low on cute names given between blankets and 9 am.
I've got no dramatic displays of public affection left.
And now everyone else I ever love is going to think me boring.
Because I used it all up on you.

-- Iain S. Thomas, I Write This For You

●---------------

Summary

Cade Parkinson preferred his life in black and white. And when a spoiled heiress barged in and started spreading colors to it, he didn't like it one bit. He doesn't want anything to do with her. Even with his efforts of fending her off, she seems to be having fun messing with his rigid timetable.

He figured she will eventually tire of coaxing a smile out of him every waking day. While waiting though - for her to get back together with her jerk of a boyfriend - he finds himself willingly taking her in and forgetting he has knees every time she charms him with a sweet smile. He then realizes Kathie Lewis deserves more - someone better.

And he can't for the life of him stop wanting it to be him.

●---------------

Author's Note

This is the second book to the Baby Blue Series

This is the second book to the Baby Blue Series. But it can also be read as a standalone. Read it however you want as long as you're happy.

First book: Happily Divorced

Third book: Her Right Mistake

Huge shout out to Aoraii for my wonderful covers! Thank you so much

Huge shout out to Aoraii for my wonderful covers! Thank you so much. They're both too beautiful and I really had a hard time which one to use. ❤

●---------------

Disclaimer

Please be noted that this is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual events is purely coincidental.

Do not distribute, publish, transmit, modify, display, or create derivative works from or exploit the contents of this story in any way. Please obtain permission.

PLEASE BE REMINDED that this is the first draft of my story so that means there will be a LOT of typos, grammar mistakes, plot holes and apart from that, there's also the fact that it needs to be polished hard, and the writer needs to think hard whether she's doing something right or she's wasting the time of her readers. Please know that this still requires a ton of revisions, rewrites and re-reads for it to be at least half as good as a not so crappy book.

●---------------

Copyright © 2019 Aileedales. All rights reserved.