one ✧ maid for hire

✧-*•° ✧°•*-

"Wait, he's coming today?" Fuyumi Todoroki questioned, cowering beneath her father's piercing gaze

"Wait, he's coming today?" Fuyumi Todoroki questioned, cowering beneath her father's piercing gaze. The pro hero nodded in response, seeming bothered by the whole situation. "But I haven't even cleaned the house!"

"That's why I hired him," Endeavor scoffed. "You best find something better to do with your time, because he'll be doing all the menial housework from now on."

Fuyumi's little brothers, Natuso and Shoto, lounged on the couch in earshot; apparently what they were doing was called a family meeting. It was a shame they were missing two members, ones they would most likely never have back.

"When is he gonna get here?" The white-haired teen questioned. "I gotta get to the gym soon."

"He's supposed to be here in less than ten minutes. If he knows what's best for him he'll be here early, it sets a good example." Shoto stared blankly at his father, despise settled in in his heterochromatic irises. "I just thought you all should meet him since he'll but walking freely around the house now."

"Let's pray he makes it out alive," Shoto stated with venom. Fuyumi hissed his name, following with Natsuo's as her other brother chuckled. Endeavor went to glare, but instead his attention was brought to the front door as a series of timid knocks sound out.

Usually Fuyumi would jump to answer it, but this time Endeavor left the room to swing the door open. The flames licking at his face seemed to grow in volume, and the teenage boy below him blinked with surprise.

"Hello, Endeavor," the boy greeted, bowing politely. He was fairly fluent in Japanese (his second language), but the man who towered even over his 6'2" seemed to make his forget every word of it.

The aforementioned nodded, letting the boy inside.

"di Angelo," he grunted as he began to head back towards the living room. Miles di Angelo stared in awe at the architecture and furnishing of the home, astounded that someone could afford anything other than low-mid class living. "I'm going to introduce you to my children; the other people who live here. And then I'm going to show you where the cleaning supplies are and explain some rules."

"Yes, sir."

The two turned a corner where three figures were waiting, and Miles immediately felt his heart leap into his throat, which tightened and squeezed his natural blood-pump machine. One of Endeavor's children was staring back at him with wide eyes, their shocked facial expressions completely matching.

"Kids, this is Miles di Angelo. He'll be taking care of the house now, every week day when he gets out of school."

"H-Hi," Miles stuttered, gaze still locked on the youngest of the three before him.

"di Angelo, this is Fuyumi. She's who you go to if you need help. That's Natsuo." The #1 pro hero (with All Might now retired) gestured to the final child, showing him off as if he were a possession. "And that's Shoto, your age I believe."

Miles gulped, nodding as if he were following along. At the sound of his name, Shoto was snapped out of his trancelike state and glared fiercely at the new presence.

-*•° °•*-

"I said I didn't want you around my father."

Miles sighed, glancing to the phone from across the room (don't worry, it was on speaker; he doesn't having sonic hearing, quite the opposite actually). He bent to pick up a loose piece of trash, before replying to his boyfriend.

"I didn't plan to work under your dad, Shoto. You never told me Endeavor of all people is him!"

"I assumed you knew! It's common knowledge in our class, Miles."

"Okay, well, I have half a brain cell left. Mina probably took all my other ones."

"But we've been dating for how long now?"

"Only a few months, that's plenty of time for me to stay clueless."

A huff sounded from Shoto's nose, before he went silent. He seemed to be contemplating something before speaking up once again.

"I don't know if I want you to keep this job," he informed thoughtfully. Miles immediately retaliated without a moment's notice.

"Oh, don't do that!" He scoffed. "You know how hard it is for me to find a job, plus Endeavor is paying me ¥1,647 an hour! I understand why you're worried and I promise I'll be careful, but I'm not giving this up, Sho."

"Miles—"

"If you let it go then I'll give you free kisses while on duty."

"... See you Monday." Miles smirked in victory at his loved one's response and walked towards his desk, where his phone rested idly by.

"Thank you, babe. See you Monday."