29

Dottir_Of_Odin helped me again💕💕 she's a gem

AMARA WAS seated in a wheelchair to be exited out of the hospital. She had spent the night and now had to make a life for herself. Though she was fearful of the future, she knew she could make a life of her own.

"Thank you for everything, doctor." She told him.

"You're welcome. It's my job. And again, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can start over."

"Me too." She said, getting up from the chair, and walked out the doors.

Tom, Arthur's dad, was waiting for her in his truck. He got out of his vehicle and hugged Amara immediately.

"I missed you, my daughter. How are you feeling?"

"Pretty shitty. Did Arthur tell you what happened?"

"No, he just said that you got really hurt."

"Well, I was carrying his child. We could've had a daughter. But my dumbass of an ex decided to stab me in the abdomen, leading to a miscarriage. I feel like crap."

"Okay. Wow. He didn't say that. He seemed very upset." Tom replied, and helped Amara in the truck. "I am so sorry. I really don't know what to say."

"Well, Arthur and I are taking a break."

"So you won't talk to me anymore?" Tom asked, and turned the car on. He seemed sad.

"Tom, you've been here for me for these months. I will definitely visit you when Arthur isn't around."

"Good, Mara. I can help you find an apartment here in Amnesty Bay. It's a good quiet place. I know you will like it."

~

Amara walked into the lighthouse, when Tom was at work and Atlanna was in the ocean. She expected the house to be empty, but it wasn't. Arthur was sitting on the couch, watching TV and drinking Guinness.

"Shit." She mumbled, mentally face palming herself. She did not expect to see him. "I just need to get my stuff. I'll be out of your way."

Arthur couldn't keep himself away from her. He felt like he needed Amara. But he knew that this was good for the both of them.

Amara went up the stairs, to the room she used to abide in. Her stuff was there, untouched. As quickly as she could, she put it in her suitcase and went back down.

She tried to make as little contact as possible with Arthur. She looked up, and there he was blocking the door.

"Arthur, I need to go. I have things to do."

Arthur took a step forward and hovered over Amara. He was looking down at her, but she couldn't look at him. It was too painful.

"Mara," he whispered and held her chin with two fingers; making her look into his eyes.

"I'm sorry." She said, and quickly left the house.

~

It had not been a week, and Amara was moving into her new apartment that Tom helped her get. She also had a job now, at the police station. She was an instructor in self defense.

Every now and then, she'd see Arthur around town, but words were never exchanged.

Amara was finally knowing peace. Something she hadn't felt in a long time. She wanted to settle down for a bit. She's been living since the gods ruled Mount Olympus.

As Amara is walking near the lighthouse on her way to work she can't help but hear things break, like someone was throwing things. She stopped for a moment before finally deciding to go in, if something was actually wrong she could help. As she got closer she could see Arthur in the windows, fighting with someone. That was all it took for her to drop her bag and take off running to the door, she didn't have her weapons but she could still fight. She burst through the door, and the fighting doesn't stop. She can see him now clearly, Perseus, he was fighting with Arthur. Perseus was yelling profanities at Arthur, being hit in the face multiple times. He looked over at Amara and seemed to get more angry as the moment went on, Amara being stuck in place for only a moment longer until she suddenly broke out into another run, to help Arthur.

"You let him get you pregnant!" Perseus screamed, only then does Arthur notice Amara is there. He was blinded by his rage, Perseus said some things about their child that made his skin crawl. He could only see red after that and began to attack.

Amara said nothing, as she kicked the back of Perseus' knee making him fall to the ground. She grabbed his arm, to keep him still. And the next thing she knew was a loud snapping sound. She looked down, Arthur had his large arm around Perseus' head and he went limp. The cracking sound had been his neck, Arthur killed Perseus. Arthur let him go, making him fall out of Amara's hold.

She blinked for a moment, shocked at what happened. Everything she had from her previous life was now dead, literally. Suddenly her body is filled with anger, why had he killed Perseus?

"Why? Why did you have to kill him?" She turned to Arthur, tears threatening to leave her eyes. She was not mourning for the man, she was mourning for everything else in her past life that was now gone.

"What? He came into my home, and attacked me. He found out about our child, and decided that he didn't want me to live. If I didn't kill him he would have killed me. He was so happy that he was the reason our child is dead Amara." Arthur took a step towards Amara, he didn't understand why she was being like this. He had basically killed their child, and now she was about to cry over him?

"You keep telling me we are the good guys, we don't kill people. But this? What if I could have gotten him to leave?" She was being irrational, and she knew it. But she wiped her eyes and looked at Arthur. She could see it, he thought she was mourning the life of that man. But she wasn't. "I hate you. I don't want to see you. Don't come after me."

"We could've had a daughter, Mara. A DAUGHTER!" Arthur yelled.

Amara knew that, and it hurt. She was speechless.

"I..." She stopped herself from speaking and left the house quickly, not one word spoken between them after that.

She got home and sat on her cold kitchen floor, debating on what to do. She decided to call into work and say there was a family emergency, and that she would be gone for a week out of town. They understood, and soon after that she had a small bag packed. Three hours of waiting at the airport, and a really long plane ride, she was on the doorstep of Diana's home.