- birthday boy and longing girl -

another chapter? wow, someone is procrastinating actually real life stuff!!!

guys i miss connor a lot

IT WAS PETER'S BIRTHDAY, and Elenora was on her way to meet up with him, Jade, and Ned at an arcade, and she was dreading it

Not because she hated Peter or birthdays or anything, no- Jade was gonna be there. Peter, too. Jade and Peter. Peter and Jade.

Gosh, Elenora's face scrunched together at just the idea.

Glancing over from the driver's seat, Steve mused, "Are you alright, Sweetheart? You look upset."

Fiddling with the wrapped box in her hand, Elenora just shrugged. She didn't want to lie, but telling the truth was not an option with Steve. Sure, it could be, but Elenora wasn't about to talk about her lack of a love life with her dad; that would be weird. Elenora was fairly sure she had enough weird in her life.

Steve's eyes flickered back to the road in front of him. "Something eating you, kid?"

"Haven't seen Jade in a while," Elenora offered, trying to get Steve to leave it alone.

But the guy had fourteen years of parenting to make up, so don't blame him for pushing for a better response. "You nervous she's gonna be different?" Steve guessed, but Elenora's ponytail just bounced as she shrugged, trying to abandon the conversation. With a sigh, Steve took the hint, focusing on driving again and asking an unrelated question. "So what did you and Bucky get him?"

"Star Wars lightsabers. So he could battle with Jade," Elenora muttered, not even realizing the oddity of the last part of her sentence.

Of course, Steve questioned this, "Why would Parker want to only play with Jade?"

Face growing red, Elenora just shrugged again, trying to brush off what she said. "He could play with anyone," she told Steve, staring out the window at the city as she passed by.

"But you said Jade specifically," Steve pointed out, making a left turn as he pushed again, "You don't think he'll play with you anymore?"

This was starting to sound a like a conversation with a five-year-old. "No," Elenora denied, "That's not it, Dad. He just hangs out with Jade a lot."

"More than he does with you?" Steve asked, cocking his head to the side as Elenora let out a heavy breath, leaning her head back. Gracefully, Steve pulled to the side of a small arcade, one that Elenora recognized the name of. Putting the car in park, Steve questioned slowly, "Do you think he likes her?"

"Oh my gosh, dad, please don't make me talk about this," Elenora begged, her face falling into a pout. Sighing, Steve gestured for the door, releasing her from the conversation. Eternally grateful for this, Elenora rushed towards the door, barely hearing Steve calling out to her.