Epilogue

The final chapter, I can't believe this is it. I'm not gonna keep you up anymore, guys. Go ahead.

Happy reading! <3

Ionora's POV -

I wake up, hearing the sound of approaching footsteps. I hear three pairs of feet steadily approaching the tree where I was currently hiding in. I hope they go away in a different direction but no such luck as I hear the footsteps halt right below the tree I was using as a hideout. Suddenly, I hear the flapping of wings and looking up, I see a bird looking viciously at me. Great. I just had to pick a spot where a bird had built it's next, right?

"Shoo, birdie. Look, I'll leave in sometime, okay? I promise I won't harm your home." I whisper, trying to pacify the raging bird. But apparently I didn't speak the right bird lavished cause it flew right at me, making me lose my grip and fall. I scream bloody murder while falling, not wanting to be a pancake on the ground.

Just as I neared my imminent death, I am caught by two strong arms and looking up, I am mesmerised by the most beautiful pair of eyes, switching from gold to black.

"Caught ya." He whispers into my ears, making me go deep red in embarrassment. Wasn't this Déjà vu at its finest?

"Yeah hurrah you win blah blah. Put me down now." I demand him. 

"You know what I think? You just love falling for me, don't you? Is it cause I'm so irresistible?" He asks, kissing my earlobe. I nudge him hard causing him to buckle over and fall, with me over him.

"Dogpile!" I hear two children scream and in seconds, I feel two little munchkins jump on me and that was all it took to make me lose feeling in most of my body.

"Ouch kids. Get off. I think your dad is barely breathing under us. Who would build you things and fix up your toys if he's gone?" I cajole them, hoping they would get up.

But no such luck as they continue lying on top of us, giggling and guffawing. I could hear Zayden groan from under me and say something which sounded like 'air'.

"Fine. I guess I'll just give the cookies to Bruce." I tell them and apparently, cookies were more important that Zayden as they both hop off and run towards the pack house where my mom was baking cookies. I get up too, brushing off the grass and twigs struck to my dress. 

"A little help here?" I only glare at him. "This wouldn't have happened if you had put me down when I asked you to."

"You were the one who dared me to catch you. You know I can't resist a dare like that." He defends, making me roll my eyes. "Besides, if you had not dared me to kiss you that one rainy night, those two wouldn't have happened either." He smirks suggestively making me smack his chest. 

But he was right. After that fateful day when I thought I lost everything, I woke up in the hospital screaming for Zayden, only for the man himself to walk up to me and console me, reassuring me that he was very much alive and not a 'beautiful dream'. It turns out that I had healing abilities too and I was able to give him the last of my moonstone powers to heal him. What Hecate told me about losing a part of me, wasn't about me losing Zayden, but my witch side. Yes, I was a full werewolf now, not a hybrid. I did feel empty without my witch side a few times after I had woken up but I had lived 18 years without it and I knew I would be just fine without it.

Soon after Jordan's death, Zayden and I moved into our very own house within the pack and he announced me as his mate. The pack was not very into the idea of Jordan's daughter being their Luna but after a while they accepted me and even respected me as their Luna. Vivian and Jarred moved into their own little house and she was made the Beta female of the pack. Zyrah, Zayden's sister was currently living in the neighbourhood back, the RedTribes, and no, they were not cannibals like someone told me. Aunt Marrise was made the head witch and all other witches who were not involved with Jordan were allowed back into the pack and were trained by Marrise to work for the pack again.

As for Ian, he found a partner in the pack, a girl named Venetia, whose mate had passed away a few years back. They were taking it slow and Ian could no longer complain about his sisters being 'taken' by the wolves as he was taken by one too. Mom resolved all issues with her father, who also apologised to me and called me 'my dear granddaughter' before leaving. I forgave the old man, mainly cause I really wanted to be a Princess. Just kidding. Mom moved back to her kingdom as the pack still brought back many painful memories for her and I understood. She still visited me with the Queen and King sometimes. Rumour has it that she had found her mate but she hadn't told me yet. I was waiting for her to tell me herself and I wasn't mad because I understood that it was hard for them both and they would tell me when they accepted it themselves.

As for Zayden and I, one rainy night, one kiss lead to another and soon enough I was pregnant with not just one, but two little devils inside me. Everyone was ecstatic about the news but I made sure my mate suffered for his weak pull out game all throughout my pregnancy. I even fainted when I was told that I had given birth to not one but two little pups. A girl and a boy. Fate really loved to play with my head, didn't it?

Needless to say, I was finally realising my dreams of having my own picture perfect family. We had all been through endless ups and downs, mostly downs but ultimately, I wouldn't change anything for the world. Through my journey, I had learnt the true meaning of family, friendship and love. I was the happiest, right here in my mate's arms with my two little angels tugging on our clothes for attention.

Zayden was right after all, I did love falling for him, and I would do so every day for the rest of my life. 

After all, hadn't I worked my butt off to escape rejection?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : 

I still can't process the fact that I just ended my first ever book. This wouldn't have been possible without the encouragement of the readers through your votes and comments. I cannot fathom the fact that my book has over 80k reads and 3k votes. That's just cray-cray. I can only hope and pray that my other works in the future too receive your love and attention.

Until then, thank you for everything.

-PK <3