Late

"Your life does matter, Jungkook."

"No. It would be better off if I was dead." He squeezes his eyes shut.

"Don't say that! You are so important to so many people." I wipe the tears from his cheeks with my sleeve.

    "It took all of my power to fight the obstacles that's been in my way since my childhood. But I'm still so miserable and nothing seems to get better. I just want to rest, peacefully," he bleakly states.

   "Please don't say you want to rest. You have a long existence ahead of you-" I assured him.

"I wish I could just escape from this life. Have a new identity somewhere else and wipe out my memory. I wish I wasn't Jeon Jungkook."

I purse my lips. "I can't change your past but I can help your future."

Jungkook grimly smiles. "When I found out my mom died, apart of me wished we could abandon our families and school and travel the world. I packed a duffle bag, sneaked out of the house and ran to your apartment. But I stopped myself since I knew you'd call me crazy."

I grab his hand. "You're not crazy. We can do that now! Let's leave Korea- go to I dunno Japan, Canada, India, New Zealand or I dunno Antarctica? Whenever you want. I'd even go to Mars with you."

Jungkook shakes his head. "It's too late. My father is now always watching me.. You go one step out of the door with me and you'll get shot."

"I-I'm sorry I came too late," I stuttered.

"It's time for you to go." He lets go of my hand.

"No. I won't leave you alone-"

Suddenly, I heard a loud blaring voice over the speakers of the facility.

"Actually, you do have to leave, Y/n."

It was Namjoon.

"Why?" I yelled, looking around for the source of his voice.

"It's 11:59. One minute until midnight. You promised you'd leave and never speak to Jungkook after tonight," He taunts me.

   "No-no I can't leave-" I refused.

   A gang of men grab Jungkook and pull him away.

   "Jungkook, promise me you won't hurt yourself! Even when things seem hopeless, just remember you still have me!" I yell.

Jungkook stares at me with half-lidded eyes and is about to say something but a man covers his mouth.

A tattooed guy grabs my arm and I punch him. Another person holds me and I feel a sharp dagger of pain on my shoulder.

    Everything went black.

     I wipe my eyes and wake up. I look around and find that I'm laying on a sidewalk of some street. Groaning, I grab my arm. I check my shoulder and find a wound from a needle. Someone drugged me and that's how I fainted.

I check the pocket in my dress and was thankful nobody took my cellphone.

    The time was 1:21 AM.

     I rub my head. I've been passed out for over an hour.

    Groggily, I call my parents and assure them I'd be back in an hour. They yelled at me for coming past my curfew and I hung up.

    I recall to what Jungkook revealed about his gang a few hours ago. Hitmen, extortion, human trafficking, organ harvesting...

    My stomach was in a lot of pain...