TAKE V- Basketball Match

TAKE V.

    “IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!” I screamed and threw the 4th ball at Yuta who’s comically crying, defending his poor head that was hit by the balls I threw.

    “H-heichou*! Calm down!” Ren pulled me back. [*heichou is captain].

    I gritted my teeth furiously. “How can I calm down!? You guys are so stupid! We’re in the soccer club not in the basketball club! How the heck can we stand against the most powerful basketball club in Kyoto!?” I said.

    “But Heichou, they were mocking us!” Yuu said.

    I kicked the 5th ball. “Ugh! No use! Now you’ve done it, we have to do it! YOU GUYS DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY BASKETBALL, AM I CORRECT!?” I said.

    “Tatsuya and Shou knows how! They’re originally from the basketball club!” Yuta said.

    I sighed. “Fine, so those two will be the ones who’ll give you training. I’m out.”

    “Heichou!” Ren called as I walked away.

    I raised my hand. “I’m just going to get a drink.”

    Huh, seriously.... why are guys so stubborn? I found the vending machine beside the basketball court. Hmph! This school loves the basketball club so much they put the vending machine here, ugh! I pressed the button and the drink fell onto the space provided. I grabbed it open and drank it, plopping myself on the bench given there. I sighed for who-knows-how-many-times already.

    “Kazu-chan?”

    I looked up and saw Reo. I smiled weakly. “Hey there.” I waved my hand at him.

    He sat beside me. “How’s Japan?” he asked.

    I made a face. “I miss Sydney so much.”

    He chuckled. “You’ll love it here eventually.”

    “I wonder.”

    I stood up when my phone vibrated.

From: Yuta.

Heichou. There’s someone here to meet you.

    I sighed. “I gotta go.” I told Reo then walked away.

    “Kazu-chan.” Reo spoke and I stopped.

    I didn’t turn arond.

    “I know you’re good in basketball. But I’m not letting Sei-chan or our team loses. And soccer.... we’re learning the basics from Akashi now. You don’t have the chance of winning, Kazuto.” He said.

    I turned my head to him. “I don’t plan on losing.” I said, frowning at his weird behaviour. He never was competitive like this. Even if he is, he won’t voice it out. I wonder if that so-called Sei-chan made him change like this. Is Reo in love with him?

    “And even if you wins, I will not hesitate to reveal your secrets.” He added.

    I snickered. “Do you think that simple threat could back me down?”

    “Up to you, Kazuto.” He shrugged and I walked away. When I reached the field, I saw Inoue. Ugh, this woman again. How many times do I have to encoun—wait a second....

How come she knows me? I’m Kazuto. Not the guy in the bakery.

    “Akihiko Kazuto,” she called. I frowned and went to her.