Chapter 6

A/N I thought the photo was funny so I put it on here lmao.

Lena was sat next to Kara's bed, desperately wanting her to wake up so that she could confess her feelings for her. But Lena was slowly losing hope as there were no signs to suggest that Kara would be waking up anytime soon and Lena was a scientist, she knew that, but she still hoped.

And although Kara had the suit of armour on that Lena designed to shield her from the kryptonite, Lena could still see Kara's chest slowly rise and fall with each breath.

"Wake up soon Kara." Lena pleaded in nothing but a whisper which was mostly just to herself.

With the long day lena has just gone through, she rested her head next to Kara's a and easily drifted to sleep; holding hands with the woman she loved.

—————————————

Sam, Alex and Ruby all made it back to Sam and Ruby's house safely and without any trouble. They walked through the doors and Alex was immediately welcomed with the warmth and love of their home.

"Make yourself at home Alex, I'll start cooking dinner but you can just relax if you want." Sam said with a sweet smile. Sam then opened a cabinet and pulled out two wine glasses and an expensive-looking bottle of wine. She poured her and Alex both a glass each.

Sam cooked them all dinner and set the plates on the table and called for Ruby. They all ate with slight conversation and afterwards Sam and Ruby both cleared up and Ruby went upstairs.

"Food was amazing Sam." Alex finally said after devouring the plate of spaghetti bolognese Sam had cooked.

"Thank you Alex. I learned to cook quite quickly after I had Ruby because I had to. It's been quite tough if I'm honest but at least I'm finally at a point of stability." Sam confessed.

"Yeah, I bet it's been tough being a single parent... you don't ever talk about Ruby's father Sam, what happened? You don't have to say." Alex asked, she was genuinely curious.

"Well, it was mostly to do with the fact that I had realised I was gay but I was in a lot of denial. Ruby's father was a jackass and I started dating him in hopes that it would go away." Sam confessed and Alex was in pure shock. Never in a million years would she have guessed that Sam was gay.

Dumbfounded, Alex took a while to reply and even when she did all she could get out was "Sam, wow... I had no idea..."

"That I was gay?" Sam interrupted.

"Uh... yeah." Alex said, smiling to herself as she looked towards the floor "Thank you though, for telling me." And there it was again, Alex felt it, them both gazing into each other's eyes.

Sam must have also felt this because soon enough she broke the eye contact and said to Alex "So, do you want to watch a movie? I have a feeling you won't
be sleeping well tonight anyways."

"Oh, you don't have to stay awake with me if you don't want to, you're probably tired too." Alex said, she really didn't want to intrude on Sam's night.

"What? No don't be silly Alex." Sam said, she sat down on the sofa and began making a cushiony paradise made from blankets and pillows. "Come, sit." Sam told Alex while she patted the space next to her.

Alex rolled her eyes at the childish-like behaviour but also failed to hide her smile because she was happy that she could spend tonight with Sam of all people. Anyways, Alex obliged to Sam's command and she sat down next to her. It didn't take long for them to find something on Netflix.

"Do you want to watch Merlin?" Sam asked.

"Yeah sure, I can't believe Lena played Morgana back in the day though." Alex laughed.