Chapter 19 - Nat

I had just got off the plane and got out the cab that took me to my apartment. I rushed in and grabbed my suit, stuffing it and all my weapons into a bag. I missed wearing it and I missed the whole hero thing. I had now gotten fully used to having a voice in my head and use him to my full advantage. 

I knew Romanoff would have destroyed whatever phone she called me on so no one could trace it so I just head over to Sam's place. It was still quite early but I needed to get there quick so I got a cab. 

Once I was there I tried the back  door finding it locked, so naturally I picked the lock and let myself in.

"So the real question is, how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHEILD officer in broad daylight?" I smirked at Caps words and walked into the kitchen. 

"Well, how'd a little help go?" Romanoff and Cap smiled at me but Sam was bewildered.

"Stiles? What're you doing here? And how'd you get in?" I laugh slightly. 

"Please, there is no place Stiles can't find a way into. Thanks for though." I nodded in respect to Romanoff. 

"Well anyway, the answer is you don't" Sam then proceeded to drop a file on the table. I dropped my bag on the floor and looked over Caps shoulder at it. 

"What's this?"

"Call it a resume." 

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" I'm not that surprised but this man has skills. "You didn't say he was a Pararescue."

"Is that Riley?" I ask as Cap took out a photo. 

"Yeah." 

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What you use, a stealth shoot?"

"No. These." I looked into the file he handed Cap and smirked. 

"I thought you said you were a pilot." Cap says sounding impressed. 

"I never said pilot." Sam replied smugly. 

"I can't ask you to do this Sam. You got out for a good reason." I roll my eyes. Why would anyone pass this up with skills like his.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." 

"Where can we get one of these?" I ask knowing this will be good.

"The last one is a Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." I almost laugh at how he makes it seem like it's a huge thing. Cap looks to Romanoff and I. She shrugs and I smirk. I open my bag and lift out one of  my katanas. 

"Shouldn't be a problem." I say smirking as I look at the blade. 

Sam and I sat waiting for Sitwell to come out at a table outside a nearby café. I had my hood up and looked across at Sam. 

"So what part do you play in all this, superhero world." He asks.

"I'm Trickster, and an ex-SHEILD agent." His eyes widened in amazement.

"I never would of thought, but with the whole sword thing at my place should have given it away." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"It's called a Katana." He was going to make some stupid joke but I stopped him as I saw Sitwell walking out. Sam quickly wiped out his phone and called him once he was alone. 

"Agent Sitwell how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious... The good looking guy in the sunglasses and the hooded guy at your ten o'clock... Your other ten o'clock. There you go." Sam lifted his drink to him and I waved menacingly at Sitwell. "You're going to around the corner to your right. There's a grey car, two spaces down. We are going to take a ride... Because that tie looks real expensive, and I'd hate to mess it up." I discretely aimed a laser pointer at Sitwell's tie, scaring him into getting in the car. Idiot though we actually had a sniper. 

I watched as Cap shoved Sitwell to the ground from the side, Romanoff beside me. 

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." 

"Never heard of it." 

"What were you doing on the luminary in Stock?"

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." Sitwell almost falls off the edge when Cap pulls him up by his jacket. "Is this little display, insinuating that you're going to throw me off the roof. Cause it's really not your style Rogers."

"Your right, it's hers." Romanoff then kicked him in the chest sending him tumbling down. 

"Oh wait what about that girl from the counting, L-Laura?" 

"Lillian, lip piercing right?" I look at the two of them confused.

"Romanoff are you trying to get him date?"

"Yeah he needs it, and I'm not your trainer anymore. Call me Nat." I nodded briefly as Sam flies up, dropping Sitwell back on the roof. He lands a little way back and his suit retracts back into his pack. It was pretty awesome. We walk over to him ready for information.

"Zola's algorithm is a program. For choosing insights targets."

"What targets." I demand. 

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo the other secretary defends a high school valedictorian Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA.Now or in the future." The others seem confused how this could work but I believe someone could do this. 

"The future? How could it know?" Cap asks.

"Come on, it's not that outside of the box as other things." I remind him. Sitwell then starts laughing. 

"How could it not! The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. We knew all about you Stiles before your friend was bitten. We sent Gerard." I glared at him and punched him hard in the face, hard. I went to do it again but Nat stopped me. 

"Stop." She mumbled, I hesitated before nodding. I can't believe that they sent Gerard. Of course he would have to have something to do with them, he just had to.

"Zola's algorithm evaluates people's pasts to predict their future." Sitwell continued after wiping the blood that was dripping from his nose. 

"What then?" 

"Oh my god, Pierce is going to kill me." I roll my eyes.

"You shouldn't be worried about Pierce right now. I'll kill you first." I say taking a step forward.

"The insight helicarriers scratched people off the list. a few million at a time." I roll my eyes as everyone is in shock at the news. 

"Okay, lights out dickhead." I say, punching Sitwell a second time, only this time he's knocked out. I look at how they are all giving me a look. "What?" 

"Something's up. What happened in Beacon Hills?" My anger was set off again as Nat questioned me.

"Nothing! I just needed to punch someone." Nat and Cap exchange looks and Sam looks at me confused, but also understanding where I'm coming from. He could always see through my barriers before, that's his job though. To help the wounded souls of people that had given up.