chapter 82

Murthy mansion

The day had passes by with Manik and nandini spending time together, enjoying each other's company. They talked about the month Manik had been missing. Since the issues had been resolved talking about his absence didn't seem to hurt nandini as much as it did before.

And when the sun set nandini was reluctant to leave. But they knew that they had just bought time today, the reason manik had left was still there. and they needed to get out to the real world and find a solution.

Manik dropped nandini by the door, they were both sitting in his car ,his hand clutching hers tightly. Afterall nandini wasn't the only one who had missed him. He brought her hand to his lips and kisses it lightly. Continuing he kissed her pulse, making nandini heart beat faster. She knew she had to get out, but it took every ounce of power from her to do it.

Maybe a part of her was afraid she had dreamt it all, that in the haze of alcohol, she had thought Mamik and her were alright again. She was afraid that when she leaves, her dream might break and it would all be the same again. The painful silence and the curious questions.

Manik seems to understand what she was feeling and tried to reassure her.

M : I'll call you later.

Nanidni nodded. She moved forward to for a peck on his lips, but Manik deepens the kiss. His hands going down her waist. They broke apart after a while and nandini blushed. She got down and went in. Manik too drove off.

Nanidni's good mood didn't last very long, because as soon as she entered she saw adi, shivaay and anika in the hall. Preeti was coming down the stairs. and she was the first one to see her.

P : Nanidni

Adi who hadn't seen her yet

Ad : no she hasn't picked up her phone. Nothing after that message.

Nandini took out her phone to see 15 calls from adi, 12 from shivaay. And a few others from preeti and anika. What made her look twice was that even her parents her called her a few times.

P : she's here

They turned to look at nandini who was standing by the door. She moved ahead and was nervous now. With Manik she had forgotten everything and don't even remember that she had put her phone on silent. Looks her she was going to pay for that now.

Shivaay had been the most level headed of them all. He always took the situation in, thought about it and then reacted. But today he was angry and that worries nandini.

N : bhai

S : you left college yesterday evening and you come home after 24 hours.

No one else said anything, adi wanted to speak, but shivaay's demeanour made him quite.

N : I messaged

S : nandini murthy, you are not supposed to leave without informing. Whole night we were worried and you don't care. Mom and dad were even asking about you today morning.

N : they are back

S : you should have come home yesterday. and what is this stay at Manik's. I thought you guys weren't on good terms

N : I

Nanidni didn't know what to say. If she told about the fiasco with police and her getting drunk she was surely going to be in more trouble that she already was. and she couldn't find any convincing lie on the spot

S : save the excuses. You are grounded

N : I am what

Ad : she is what