Vol 4 Chap 122

XH 122

"Duke Heng wants to meet Xiao Hua?" The Eighth Prince stared at Eunuch Heng in disbelief. "Why?"

Eunuch Heng sighed in self-pity. He's going to be scolded by Duke Heng again...(ಥ﹏ಥ)

"Duke Heng wishes to taste Elder Sister Hua's tea again."

Xiao Hua froze in terror. Duke Heng knew her identity! Σ(°△°|||)︴

She had naively thought that Duke Heng would not know her identity since she was not Long Lian's maid and that she had never been officially introduced to him as the Third Prince's personal maid.

Heise had been more or less been updated about Xiao Hua's tea brewing cheat, which she had gotten from the Third Prince and knew it must be kept a secret for her safety. He glowered at Eunuch Heng. "Did you tell Duke Heng about Xiao Hua's tea?"

"This servant would not dare to!" Eunuch Heng immediately kneeled down in fear. "This servant only obeys you, the Eighth Prince!"

"Wait, Heise, I did not tell you about Duke Heng and the King of Munzhu competing in tea brewing with me."

"What! Such a big thing happened and you did not tell me?"

Xiao Hua laughed guiltily. "I forgot..."

At that time Long Lian was already angry with her and when she finally got the chance to privately talk to Heise without the princess around, the topic of visiting the person that might know how to get them back was more important. The Eighth Prince only knew about Xiao Hua's tea brewing cheat skill because Long Lian was angry.

She quickly told him about that incident and the Eighth Prince's frown grew deeper.

The Eighth Prince turned to look at Eunuch Heng. "You never tell Duke Heng anything about me and Xiao Hua, right?"

Eunuch Heng shakes his head fiercely that his hat nearly flung off his head. "This servant would never do that! If Duke Heng knows about it, he would kill you! You must never tell him your secret, Your Highness!"

Staring strangely at his eunuch, the Eighth Prince asked, "Isn't Duke Heng the one that sent you to protect the original Eighth Prince?"

Eunuch Heng nodded sadly. "Yes, this servant was only sent to protect the Eighth Prince after the death of Imperial Concubine Heng. This servant had never met the Eighth Prince before his unfortunate loss of rationality and does not have as much affection as Duke Heng has towards him. Duke Heng often visits Imperial Concubine Heng whenever he could and adores the Eighth Prince."

"But...since the day I came to this world till now, I've never met Duke Heng."

With a confirmatory nod, Eunuch Heng explained, "It hurts his heart to see the previously cheerful and smart prince changed into one that does not recognize him and always asked to meet his mother. Unable to endure it, Duke Heng assigned me to protect Eighth Prince in his stead."

Xiao Hua: '...' You failed your task bro. The real Eighth Prince had died.

The Eighth Prince: '...' What a cruel person, to send a young boy into the palace as a eunuch to take care of a mentally ill prince!

"This servant felt guilty for being happy that Your Highness possesses the Eighth Prince's body, but this servant wished for Duke Heng to be happy again!"

When Eunuch Heng goes as far as kowtowed at the Eighth Prince, the said prince was shocked and jumped out of his seat to avoid accepting the gesture.

"Your Highness, please meet Duke Heng and ease his unhappiness! The Lord must felt terribly guilty for not able to protect Imperial Concubine Heng and the Eighth Prince! If...if Your Highness let Duke Heng see the current you, it would ease his bitterness and guilt!"