Chapter 14

**Important Note**

For the next few chapters, I will be attaching amazing aesthetics made by @SaraDS!! There are five total for each of the main characters, the first one is for Sadie and it has been attached to this chapter! Let me know what you think of them because I am honestly in LOVE with them!

Now, enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brandon stood from where he had been kneeling beside me, still holding himself to dull the pain at his manhood, but his other hand rested against the center of my back and his fingers clawed into my skin. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was meant as a sign of caution.

The scarred man strolled forward casually and at ease, powerful arrogance radiating from his every movement. He came to a stop only once he reached the window to peer inside, inspecting Dustin who fashioned a glare that made my skin crawl.

Unfortunately, the look of utter detestation in Dustin's eyes wasn't foreign to me. There was another man honored enough to draw out this side of Dustin, a man who looked unreasonably similar to the man standing before me. And if that man were still alive, he too would wear an eyepatch.

"My dear boy, look at what you have done to yourself." The man sighed at Dustin's leg, now soaked dark red from where the chains slashed deeply into his skin, "Blood is a precious commodity, yours in particular. You should take better care looking after it." The man pointed at one of the men kneeling on Lumiere, "Fetch the doctor, his cuts will need to be sanitized. Honestly boy, we just brought down your fever. You shouldn't be so reckless."

"Let me go, then there will be no need of recklessness." Dustin countered. Although his glare was seeping malignancies, his tone was strikingly even. Calm and collected. Restrained from his usual roar. What a man this must be to drive Dustin to be so respectfully appalled.

The man gave a hardy laugh, "Letting you go would be less than reckless but more than desirable. Your time for freedom has not yet come." He nodded at Dustin's torso, "That wound will kill you if not tended to properly and after how much trouble we went through to bring you back the first time, I reckon the next time you fall will be your last."

Dustin yanked at his chains again, "I didn't ask to be brought back."

"No, indeed you didn't. We expect a little more appreciation for our services. We don't spend resources on just anyone, surely Brandon can give you a lecture on gratitude."

Brandon cleared his throat as if ordered to do so, "Aye, gracious I am."

The man shifted his attention towards Lumiere and grinned when he saw the eyepatch, "Consider yourself lucky for such a burden? I certainly do." He crouched down, "How did you lose it?"

With one man still crushing his chest, another jerked Lumiere's upper torso into a sitting position. Lumiere struggled to inhale and responded breathlessly, "Got it scooped out and pinned to a wall." He winced, "You?"

"My mother burned it out when I was a kid, an attempt to purify me. She thought I was a spawn of satan. Can't say I blame her though, I'm sure I certainly appeared satanic when I returned the favor to her on her deathbed. We are two of a kind, you and I." He waved away Brandon's men and Lumiere coughed roughly at the absence of pressure over his chest, "I can't say I enjoy mine but it has offered quite a great deal of insight. Ironic isn't it, how losing an eye can provide insight? But I am partially appeased knowing someone else shares my pain."

Lumiere chuckled hoarsely, "Don't group us together, mate. We're as different as night and day. After all, your face would scare the hair off a cat." Lumiere batted his eye, "But I'm still pretty."