8

"How do you know where the Gryffindor common room is?" Ron glared at his sister, who insisted on coming along.

"Please. Everyone knows where to find the Gryffindor common room." She scoffed.

"You know what I don't get? You coming along when you so obviously don't approve."

"My being here is the best chance you'll have at not getting caught, thus ensuring we both get to stay."

"Why would you get kicked out if Ron gets expelled?" Neville asked.

"Yeah, Alexandra. Why would you get kicked out?" Ron said pointedly.

"Ron, if you don't start calling me Alex, Filch will be the least of your concerns." She snarled, ignoring Neville's questions. They reached the trophy room. "Lumos." She whispered as light appeared on the end of her wand. No one was there yet. She looked around the trophies, wondering if maybe one day her name might be up there. A familiar name caught her eye. Tom Riddle- special award for services to the school. She moved away from the trophies.

"Being a seeker's in your blood, Harry. Look!" Hermione gestured to a trophy. Alexandra moved away from Tom Riddle's one, to where Harry and Hermione stood. Neville had half fallen asleep, leaning on a trophy case.

"Woah, Harry. You never told me your father was a Seeker too!" Ron practically shouted.

"Be a bit louder, would you Ron? I don't think China heard you." Alexandra said, sarcastically.

"He's late." Ron said, quieter this time. "Maybe he's chickened out."

"Sniff around, my sweet," As if on cue, Filch's voice wafted to them. "they might be lurking in a corner."

"Nox." Alexandra let her wandlight go out, as they all ran. She realised they'd almost forgotten Neville and ran back, dragging the Gryffindor boy with them. They barely hidden from view before Filch entered the room. Harry led them down a corridor. Neville suddenly freaked out, and managed to jump onto Ron, knocking down a suit of armor. No longer caring about being quiet they all started to run rather loudly just trying to get away. They finally lost Filch and his cat near the Charms classroom.

"I think we've lost him." Harry panted.

"I told you." Hermione gasped. "I told you."

"We've got to get back to Gryffindor tower as quick as possible." Ron said.

"Malfoy tricked you." Hermione told Harry. "You realise that, don't you? Alex was right, he was never going to meet you. Filch knew someone was going to be in the trophy room. Malfoy tipped him off."

"What do you mean Alexandra was right?" Ron looked confused. Alexandra shook her head at Hermione who carried on.

"She warned you Malfoy wouldn't come."

"No she didn't."

"Hermione, he didn't realise. I forgot Ron needed people to spell everything out for him. He doesn't have much in the way of a brain, you see." Alexandra told Hermione. "We're wasting time- we have to go."

"Let's go." Harry said. They hadn't gone far before Peeves appeared. He squealed at them- he thrived on trouble and he was in the position of getting the students in front of him in so much trouble.

"Shut up, Peeves. Please. You'll get us thrown out." Hermione said.

"Wandering around at midnight, Ickle Firsties? Tut, tut, tut. Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty."

"Not if you don't give us away, Peeves. Please." Alexandra added.

"Should tell Filch, I should. It's for your own good, you know." Peeves said in a sickly sweet tone. Alexandra decided then that Peeves was creepy.

"Get out of the way!" Ron tried to swipe his hand through Peeves.

"Ron!" Alexandra hissed, angrily.

"Students out of bed!" Peeves yelled in retaliation. "Students out of bed down the charms corridor!" They all ran save Alexandra.

"Alex!" Hermione hissed.

"Go! I'll be behind you!" She hissed back, before turning back to Peeves. "Peeves, I know my brother's a bloody idiot, but please don't sell us out."

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't."

"You hate Filch more than you hate us. Imagine seeing how frustrated he'll look knowing that you know something he doesn't. It'll really rile him up." Peeves took her words into consideration and nodded. "Thanks Peeves." She ran after the group of four, and saw Hermione cast a spell at the door. She ran in after Neville and closed the door as quietly as she could.

"Which way did they go, Peeves?" Filch asked. "Quick tell me."

"Oh we're done for!" Ron groaned. Alexandra put her hand over his mouth, effectively silencing him.

"Say please." Peeves said. Alexandra smirked. He wouldn't give them up.

"Don't mess with me, Peeves, now where did they go?" Filch ordered.

"Shan't say nothing if you don't say please." Peeves sang.

"Alright. Please." Filch gave in.

"Nothing!" He yelled laughing. "Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha!" Peeves floated away, laughing. Alexandra breathed a sigh of relief, and Filch's cursing quietened slowly.

"He thinks this door is locked." Harry whispered. "I think we'll be okay." He said before turning to Neville who had been tugging at his robe. "What, Neville?"

"Look!" Neville said pointing at a huge beast behind them. Harry's eyes widened and the first years all tried to take a step back. Except for Alexandra who took a step forward.

"Nice doggy." She said.

"Are you mental!" Ron exclaimed.

"Hey, there." She cooed at it, holding out her hand. Her eyes flashed yellow- but only the three-headed dog saw. The dog's middle head looked at her strangely, but then bowed it's head allowing it to pet her. "I'm calling you Snuffles." She said. Ron tried to take a step to his sister, to pull her back, but the dog's left head growled at him. "Hey, hey, hey." She said, petting the dog. "That's my brother. Don't kill him, or I'll never hear the end of it." She said.

"She's mental." Ron said, decisively. "The last year really screwed with your head." Alexandra turned to her brother, glaring at him angrily.

"Shut up, you insensitive arsehole!" She said. The dog, snuffles growled. Alexandra turned back to it and hugged it's neck. "I should probably get them to their dorms. I'll come back again someday." She said and walked away. The Gryffindors crept out of the door and Alexandra followed as they ran down the corridor all the way to the seventh floor, running to the common rooms.

"What the bloody hell were you thinking?"

"None of your business. Now get to bed!" She crossed her arms.

"Pig snout." Hermione said to the fat lady. "You can sleep in our common room tonight."

"No thanks. I'll be fine making my way to the Hufflepuff common room." She assured and made her way back. Luckily she wasn't caught. She used the dreamless sleep potion and managed to sleep for six hours that night- the most she'd slept in months.