Chapter Sixteen

Sorry for the delayed update! But this one is nice and long to make up for that :)

His Game: Chapter Sixteen

As I get ready to leave school for the day, I find myself being stopped by Joey before I reach my bike. She looks good in her high-waist shorts and crop top sweater that hangs slightly off of her shoulders, showing the perfect amount of skin to be desirable yet not slutty in our culture.

"Well hello there," I smirk, hiking my backpack further up my shoulder.

"Hey Punk," she says with a slight smile, "What are you doing tonight?"

I quirk a brow at her question and my smirk deepens, "Would it be too juvenile to say 'you'?"

She crosses her arms and shrugs as though that's what she expected. "No, that response pretty much fits your maturity level."

My expression instantly drops. I am not immature.

"To answer your question like the mature 18-year old I am," I emphasize, "I am not doing anything tonight."

She chuckles at my insecurity. "Well my dad's going out of town for the night and had to bring Jacob with him, so I have the house to myself."

I grin and step closer to her, placing a hand on her hip. "I like where this is going."

Empty house with Joey all night? Score.

"So, I'm throwing a party."

Not what I expected, but still score.

"You know it's a school night, right?" I question.

"Do I strike you as the type of girl to care about that?"

Her brown eyes challenge me and I chuckle, dropping my head before lifting my eyes to hers. "No, you don't. Am I invited to this high class, Tuesday night party?"

At that, Joey smirks and slowly dances her hands up my arms and rests them on my shoulders, lifting up so that her face comes closer to mine. My eyes go to her lips; perfectly shaped and with the perfect amount of ruby red lipstick.

Ever since we kissed last Friday night, every time I'm close to her my entire mind is focused on just one more kiss. One more taste. Because that first one wasn't enough.

Her eyes land on my lips before slowly traveling back to meet my gaze. "Oh honey, it wouldn't be a party without you."

She goes to pull away, but my hands tighten on her waist so that she can't. I can't take this teasing after that one taste.

"Best part about that kiss last week?" I question breathily, slowly biting my lip as a reflex to how she makes me feel, "Now I don't have to let you walk away without one more."

I expect that to be my ticket to another kiss, but instead of closing the distance between us, Joey tilts her head. "Sounds a little rape-ey, don't you think?"

My eyes widen and I pull back a little, "You completely killed that vibe, Joey."

She grins and leans forward, kissing my nose lightly, "Bye Punk!" Then she untangles from me and walks down the parking lot to her own bike to drive away without so much as a look back.

This girl.

I lift my hand to my nose, checking my hand for lipstick as I pull it back. I'm still slightly in shock. She just kissed my nose.

---

By the time I roll up to the party, there are already cars parked along both sides of the street. One after the other, parallel parked with not nearly enough room to even back up to get out when the party's over.