11

Ten weeks pass by quicker than buses in Bangladesh, Anna was already two months along and yet I haven't found the opportunity to pounce on Clark or figure out a way to show her just how ugly Clark is. Instead, here I am in Gusto's Kitchen. 

 It was busy as fuck. To the point where I had to go to the bathroom to fix my hair twice from the many times, my bun came undone. It was the busiest day of the year, I mean most restaurants close around nine today but count on Gusto's to be open till midnight. 

It was New Year's Eve. Mama and Papa have been pressuring me to come over for celebration with Anna and Clark but just the thought of seeing Clark's face and not being able to smash it against concrete irritates me. And so, here I am working an extra shift for Chelse.

I push the plates into the tray as I carry it towards the kitchen, cleaning and emptying the table for the next set of diners ready to feast into the new year. If you're wondering, I haven't quit on Anna's love life yet. Jamie told me to just be patient, that Anna would figure it out sooner or later. No. I want to show her myself. Not only that but I want Anna to have me with her when she sees Clark's true colors. It wasn't expected of him at all. I mean, it took me five years to realize he's a cheating scumbag. I walk around into the Kitchen as I pass Chelse decorating plates that were to be sent out to tables.

"Time is never on my side." I pull at my shirt.

"If you want you can end your shift now, bambino." Chelse smiles, the wrinkles adjacent to her eyes show beautifully.

"We only have about two more hours, I'll last." I smile as I walk out of the kitchen. I stuff my pad to write orders in the pocket of my apron, passing Kalya, one of the waitresses.

"New diner at table six in the back." She says her face looking stressed as ever. I nod my head as I straighten out my button down shirt as well as the black low apron around my waist. I head towards the table eyeing the clock hoping to Jesus it goes faster. Maybe just this once, will you be on my side?

"Welcome to Gusto's my name is Rose, I'll be your waiter for the evening," I say my eyes focused on pulling the notepad out my apron where I stuffed it just minutes before. I look up to be faced with the one and only. I'm sure you know whom I'm talking about.

"It's you, what do you want?" I say as my eyes squint in his direction.

"Just because I know you don't mean I don't get the same treatment as every other customer in here." His raspy voice rumbles from his throat.

"Being treated nicely doesn't apply to you cop." I spit back.

"Why is that Rose?" His lips curve.

"Be-because it doesn't." I bite my bottom lip in order for me to stop sounding more stupid than I already do. His eyes train down from my eyes to my lips focusing his full attention on them as if he was famished to devour something that wasn't the food in this very restaurant.

"How did you know I work here?" I clear my throat focusing on the pen in my hand.

"I didn't." He blinks.

"Yeah, sure, I'm pretty sure Anna told you." I scoff.

"No, she didn't, trust me." He opens his menu bringing his attention to something other than me.

"Shouldn't you be just grabbing a donut and be out in the look-out in your squad car or driving like an idiot?" I mumble, snickering to myself about my own cop- joke. 

I thought it was funny okay? Give me a break.

"No, I just got off on break, but I wouldn't call anyone a bad driver if I drove like you." He chuckles.