9; Iron Girl

"How did you do that?" Tony asked, pacing back and forth.

"I don't know! I got really mad at the math question - which I finally solved by the way - and then focussed really, really hard on the glass, and the pencil, and then it just... moved." I explained in one swift breath.

"This is crazy. Victoria, you just moved two things with your mind."

I swallowed hard and stared at the table in front of me. "I know." Was all I could manage to say.

We were silent for a moment before Tony spoke up again.

"Come with me," he said, already walking to the stairs to the basement. I stood up and followed him.

He scanned his hand on the sliding doors quickly and we walked into his workshop.

"What're we doing down here?" I asked.

He stepped behind his desk and started rustling through some papers. He took a blank piece of paper and laid it on a chair in the middle of the room.

"Try it again, but this time try and move it around." He said, standing next to me.

I looked up at him. "Um, okay." I began staring at the paper and it slowly started levitating into the air. I tried to move my eyes back and forth to manoeuvre it, but it would just start falling back down again.

"I can't," I sighed, looking up at Tony.

"Use your hand."

"What?"

"Try using your hand, like this." He took my wrist in his hand and moved it up so my palm was facing toward the paper.

I narrowed my eyes at the paper again, and when it was in the air I began moving my hand slowly. The paper twitched and started following the direction of my hand. I moved in shock and the paper fell back down.

"How did you know that would work?" I looked up at Tony.

"It's telekinesis, I've only ever seen it in movies though." He said quickly, grabbing the paper from the floor and placing it back on the desk.

He stood in front of me and crouched down, holding my hands in his. "Extraordinary." He said whilst examining my palms.

"So..." I started, he looked at me. "Can I fly the suit now?"

...

"Miss Stark?" Jarvis spoke into my room.

"Yes, Jarvis?"

"Mister Stark would like to see you downstairs."

I was confused, but closed my textbook and scooted off my bed anyways, heading for the door. Once I got to the basement, I scanned my hand and the doors slid open.

"Oh Victoria, come here a sec." Tony said when he saw me. I stepped over to him. He was working on something I didn't recognized.

"What's that?" I mimicked my thoughts.

"This," he tapped a couple more things on the hologram computer screen. "Is for you."

He spread his arms and the structure of a suit appeared in the air. My mouth dropped.

"For... m-me?" I asked, stunned. He smiled from ear to ear, something I don't see him do very often. "But I thought you said it was too dangerous."

"Well, after seeing what you are capable of," he motioned to my hands. "I decided it's only fair if you have a suit too. I mean, you can't use those powers without a super cool, awesome, badass looking suit."

I laughed and put my hand up to the hologram.

"What colour do you want it to be?" Tony asked, looking back at his screen.

"Hmm... well my other favourite colour is pink."

He typed in a few things and then a photo of the suit popped up on the screen, the pink slowly taking over some specific parts of it.

"It's amazing!" I exclaimed

"It's amazing!" I exclaimed. "I love it. Thank you, Dad."

Tony stopped what he was doing and looked up at me from his position in the chair, his eyes wider than before.

"What?" I asked.

"That's the first time you've called me Dad."

I thought about it; he was right. It'd been almost two weeks since I first arrived here and this was the first time I actually called him Dad instead of Tony.

"You're right." I smiled.

His mouth twitched into a grin and he wrapped his arms around me.

...

That night I sat on my bed practicing my new discovered powers. It was still weird to say that; powers. So strange.

I put my hand up and faced it toward a book on my desk, focussing all of my attention on it. The book began shaking back and forth before finally lifting up and slowly levitating into the air. I practiced what Dad had showed me earlier, by moving my hand back and forth. The book followed the motions and moved towards the door.

Just as I had the book as far up into the air as I've ever done, the door opened and startled me, making me lose focus and the book to fall. It hit Tony's head and fell to the floor. He looked at me and scowled, making me giggle.

"Sorry,"

He walked all the way into the room and sat on the edge of my bed.

"What's up?" I asked, slightly concerned.

"I just wanted to let you know that I have a mission tomorrow," he started. "It's nothing new, I've had many before, just none with you being around yet. I didn't want you to get worried if you hear anything about me on the news or... see anything."

"See anything?" I asked.

"Sometimes it can get pretty... intense? I guess you'd call it."

"You won't get hurt, will you?"

"I'll be okay, my suit protects me, remember?" I nodded. "I could get a few scrapes and bruises, but nothing I can't handle."

"What's the mission?"

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "It's a long story, but in short terms, basically there's a bad guy named Loki, he's actually Thor's brother, you remember Thor right?"

I nodded again.

"Loki likes to cause mischief."

"But Thor seems so nice." I commented.

"He is, his brother wasn't so lucky." Tony explained.

After our conversation, Tony stood up and headed for the door again, turning off my lamp on his way out.

"Goodnight." He said.

"Goodnight." I replied. Before he could close the door I spoke up again. "Dad?"

"Yeah?" He looked back, the only source of light coming from a lamp in the hall.

"I love you."

He seemed to hesitate before replying. "I love you too."