Chapter 22

a/n: I made a few changes to the story but it doesn't affect it greatly. The changes include that Jungkook now has blonde hair and he was away for three months in Busan.

Also please ignore the text message time stamps :)

readers choice: option one - recreate the day they first met.

"You want us to do what?" Hoseok and Jimin questioned in unison.

"Look, it's simple. All you have to do is climb into the polar bear exhibit, let it loose, and then get chased again," Taehyung explained proudly. "Before you know it, Jungkook will remember me and everything will be back to normal."

"I think the fuck not," Hoseok argued. "You're missing a very important part."

"Which is?"

"We almost fucking died last time!" Jimin yelled. "And if I can remember correctly, you weren't Jungkook's favorite person that day."

"Didn't he have an asthma attack?" Yoongi questioned.

"Okay, it doesn't have to be perfect. We can change some things around," Taehyung shrugged his shoulders. "He doesn't need to remember all of it. Just some parts."

"Well if we're changing things around, why don't we change the part with the fucking polar bear eating us for dinner," Hoseok groaned.

"No! The polar bear is the most important part!" Taehyung frowned.

"You losers better figure this shit out because Jin is on his way with Jungkook right now," Namjoon intervened, showing the boys the location of the two using snapchat.

"That's why I'm on ghost mode," Yoongi muttered. "That's creepy as fuck. You're clingy ass always gotta know where your boyfriend is."

"You know the only reason you keep your snapchat on ghost mode is so people don't judge you for never leaving your house." Jimin cackled.

"Anygays, why did you have to tell us this plan last minute?" Hoseok groaned, snatching the keys from Taehyung.

"Because I knew if it was last minute then you guys couldn't back out," the other gleamed. Jimin groaned and grabbed Hoseok by the hand, pulling him along towards the polar exhibit. "You owe us one, bitch."

"Love you too bitch!"

"Why does this place feel so familiar?" Jungkook mumbled to himself, watching the scenery around him from the passenger seat of Jin's vehicle.

"Are you remembering?" Jin gasped excitedly, almost startling Jungkook. He coughed to excuse himself from being over-excited. "Sorry, I just thought.. never mind."

"Though what?"

"Jungkook, your parents told me that you've been in an accident—"

"You seem awfully close to my parents for someone who just met them yesterday," the younger male interrupted, feeling suspicious.

"I helped your parents unpack your things while you were in the hospital. That's when they told me about your accident and asked me to keep an eye out for you," Jin quickly lied. He remembered having this conversation with Jungkook's parents. They had to get their stories straight if Jungkook had questioned anything.

"Oh," Jungkook responded apologetically like. "Sorry. I probably sound like an asshole."

"No you don't. You're just trying to figure everything out."

"You have no idea," the younger sighed. "It's like I'm forgetting something important and it's driving me crazy. Like when you know you've seen something or been somewhere before, but you don't remember when, where, or how."